Labs Feedback: Joint Accounts šŸ¤

That is a pain that the joint account card freezes. I should work the same as a new replacement card in that you just activate the new one when it arrives and at that point it disables the old one. We will need to use our solo accounts now and transfer money across from our joint account which isnā€™t ideal

2 Likes

You may well find you get your card tomorrow, if not then likely Thursday!

1 Like

Yep - Not too concerned, as Iā€™ve got my personal cards.

Itā€™s more for people who might be out and about, with only their Joint Account card, hit the ā€œorder new cardā€ button, and are then stumped!

With no way to unfreeze the card, itā€™s not the best UX in the world.

A couple of ā€œinfo/warningā€ screens before you can order the card would have been ideal.

3 Likes

I enthusiastically clicked for the new card without thinking and noticed my current card froze.

I contacted customer support and they said that wasnā€™t meant to happen, and unfroze my current card.

They said when the new card arrives I can just freeze my current card then click ā€œNew card arrivedā€.

5 Likes

Ha - Good to know.

Not sure who to tag on this soā€¦

@simonb @HughWells - You 2 are usually pretty ā€œon it!ā€

Perhaps worth taking a look at the above?

1 Like

I agree, not the end of the world, just something that could have been communicated better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent :slight_smile:

I will see if I can do the same :slight_smile:

I canā€™t seem to find a Q&A about what the joint account currently offers, so I thought a Q&A thread might be nice. Answers to each question from both and Android and an iOS user would probably be helpful to avoid confusion.

I donā€™t currently use it, as I donā€™t want to move a large number of direct debits over manually. So for those who are using it:

Can transaction notifications be individually disabled, so that I could have the notification sound for my sole account by not for the joint?

Do both account holders receive a notification whenever either of them spend?

Does the account support more than two people?

How easy to work with is the UI element for switching between accounts?

Hi @Andy1 Iā€™ve popped your post in to the joint account thread and hereā€™s some answers!

Not at present. Youā€™ll get notifications for all transactions. This has been fed back.

Yes

No

Easier than it first was however there is further work being done to make it even easier.

Tweet from Monzo:

Weā€™re aware that this will block your existing card. Weā€™re working on changing this. Stay tuned.

5 Likes

Thanks for the answers.

Any particular reason you merged it into this thread? Itā€™s not really feedback. Not having used the joint account I donā€™t have any feedback to offer.

1 Like

It could still be considered items for the team to consider :slight_smile:

I can see your point, but having it merged into this massive thread does defeat the point of an easy to scan Q&A.

I see what you mean, the Coral crew will take it on-board :slight_smile:

Same thing happened to me, current card now frozen. Iā€™ve started a chat with support and waiting for a reply. Good to hear they told you it wasnā€™t supposed to freeze the current card, hopefully they will say the same to me and unfreeze it.

Yup, there was a small bug that blocked the current card when you replaced it with the new design :see_no_evil:

It has been fixed :white_check_mark:

5 Likes

Hi everyone!

Weā€™re excited to say that joint accounts are now out of Labs and available for everyone! Read more here :point_down:

Thanks for all your thoughts and feedback over the last few months. Weā€™ve really got a lot of your suggestions for making joint accounts the best they can be. Weā€™ve shared some thoughts in the above blog post about the lessons and improvements we made based on your feedback, so take a look!

The card still appears frozen for me. So the fix doesnā€™t unfreeze the frozen cards?

If your card has been blocked, you need to contact us to get it unblocked :+1: (The fix just stops the cards being blocked in the first place)

Now that joint accounts are out of Labs, please continue to give us your feedback here:

1 Like