Manage your money together with joint accounts!

Joint accounts are now out of Labs and available for everyone!

Read more :eyes:

16 Likes

So nothing new then that wasnā€™t in labs? :sob:

1 Like

It mentions some improvements in the post, such as CASS, Pots & better transfers between personal and joint.

A more detailed list wouldnā€™t go a miss though :eyes:

2 Likes

Awesome! Iā€™m sure these will be very popular!

1 Like

Those things are in the ā€œwhatā€™s next sectionā€ so I assume not available now?

edit: sorry I see that you were replying to @glasgow and not me :smiley:

1 Like

The ā€œfinancial linkā€ link in the text (https://monzo.com/blog/2018/08/13/sharing-finances/) gives a 404 errorā€¦

2 Likes

It should be

@bea @cookywook note that the comments in this post actually relate to student loans blog post.

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to sound like a broken record here, but I think the ā€œexpectationā€ of Labs needs re defining.

In reality, Labs is nothing more than a testing ground for the UI/UX tweaks (a group of bug testers effectively).

Perhaps Iā€™m alone here, but I expected CASS, Overdrafts and Pots to be available to Joint Accounts as soon as it became ā€œpublicā€.

I had no problem with Joint Accounts in Labs, and I am a very content user of the account, but this feels more like ticking it off the big list, than being a mainstream product.

20 Likes

Do you know if IFTTT is on the cards for joint accounts? I hope so!

3 Likes

The financial association blog says ā€œyou might create a joint account with housematesā€. Shouldnā€™t that be a housemate as you canā€™t have more than 2 people on a joint account?

3 Likes

Like other here, I thought Joint Accounts would come of Labs with at least joint pots, overdrafts and CASS. Without theses there are no real reasons for most people to switch to a Monzo joint account. It sort of feel like a rushed release, it should have been in labs for longer.

Also sorry for being negative, but I was hoping for a joint account card design the would actually work well at a glance (perhaps a difference colour or a full colour strip) and something that would work in vertical wallets. The new design seems a little basic.

Hopefully these initial things will be ironed out soon as development progresses on joint accounts.

7 Likes

oh you still canā€™t do cass

Thanks, fixed!

2 Likes

How ungrateful. Current accounts are awesome. And the features that you mention are being worked on currently. Monzo turned this feature out in a couple of months, and I think that we should all be very happy about that.

Agreed. Shame :frowning:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if you are missing my point - It wasnā€™t about the account as such (which I said, I was content with).

Iā€™ve been testing the Joint Account for a month or so (maybe slightly less), and itā€™s done everything Iā€™ve needed.

I personally donā€™t need an overdraft, CASS or even Joint Pots at this point.

But (and Iā€™m conscious this element is now in multiple threads), what is the point of putting it into labs, if you arenā€™t going to change anything?

Yes, some minor UI tweaks were changed, but nothing else - Itā€™s still very much a beta service, which doesnā€™t even come close to the personal account.

7 Likes

I think this is another case of some people in this forum taking constructive criticism as a personal attack on Monzo or a complete dislike of the feature in question.

Even though I donā€™t agree with what @nickh has said, itā€™s not constructive to disregard his post in this manner. Feel free to deconstruct his argument, but donā€™t just disregard it - it doesnā€™t help make Monzo better, which is the main purpose of this forum.

13 Likes

Yesā€¦ came here to ask the same.
Please!

Why would they build out a huge list of features before itā€™s available to everyone?. They have to start small, release to all and learn from the usage which then in turn helps them prioritise what features are most important once they have a higher number of joint account users.

I think you need to reset your expectations on what labs is, not Monzo. They are simply allowing users to get access early to specific features with the aim of helping them test out stuff.

2 Likes

I think the point isā€¦ Nothing changed.

If it werenā€™t for the shadow of the ā€œbig listā€ looming over them, Iā€™m not sure it would have been released (speculating).

Short of a few UI tweaks, it could have easily been released to the public from day 1.

Edit: The public have access to it labs, so it could have been picked up by everyone who wanted it.

The just seems no point in labs.

3 Likes