Labs Feedback: Joint Accounts šŸ¤

The August monthly update seemed to suggest that Joint Accounts will leave labs this month - so presumably cards and CASS will be ready at this point.

Probably not Joint pots yet though.

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking a lot of work for joint pots and shared pots may be developed alongside each other as the requirements underneath may be similar?

1 Like

Yeah I have a Monzo current account and want to switch everything over to my joint account as I want to use it as my primary account. Want to know if there is a seamless way of doing this.

Not to my knowledge. You would need to transfer any DDs etc manually.

Shame. Youā€™d think they would have come up with a seamless option to do stuff like this as they are both Monzo accounts.

How many DDā€™s do you have?

I recently transferred 15 across manually, and it was actually very painless.

Took an hour or so, but I also managed to change all the dates as well!

2 Likes

Could I suggest that when you categorise a transfer made to a joint account, that it is categorised as the same at the other end? Saves us having to categorise a transaction twiceā€¦ eg if I send money to my joint account towards groceries, it should act as a credit towards our groceries within the joint account.

2 Likes

Has anyone successfully used the partial switch service for a Joint Account as yet?

I initiated one last Thursday which was rejected on Friday due to not providing card details (I did). I re-attempted on Friday but havenā€™t had a response yet - just shows as pending.

Aware this isnā€™t officially supported, but given positive feedback from several on here it seemed OK to progress.

Think theyā€™ve all been full switches. Partial switch is very unreliable and has no time scale for completion

You can switch sole account to joint but you canā€™t do joint to sole.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s probably what Iā€™ll end up having to do. A lot of ringing around and waiting on holdā€¦

I did a partial switch. It took a few days but was then presented with a list of my direct debits to choose from. Have had no issues so far.

1 Like

Interesting discussion here on the Starling forum.
Having a response from Monzo on how theyā€™d deal with this would be good.

https://community.starlingbank.com/t/close-personal-account-via-cass/7638

1 Like

Do you read their forum as much as this one? Lol.

You should open an account!

1 Like

Lol, I had one back in October last year. I preferred Monzo. Closed it via CASS for a signup incentive with First Direct :sunglasses:.

I havenā€™t joined their forum as I probably spend too much time on here and also I donā€™t have their product :man_shrugging:t3:

Edit:
Oh and Iā€™m on their blacklist for a year as you canā€™t re open an account within 12 months. Not that Iā€™m planning to anyway.

2 Likes

There are certainly a huge amount of crossover discussions - Especially on generic banking issues.

Itā€™s really interesting to get a view point from both sets of customers.

2 Likes

Interesting, havenā€™t seen it mentioned anywhere but itā€™s very much an edge case.

Iā€™d imagine the options would be to ask you to move the money from the joint to close it. If you didnā€™t I suppose they could refund the money 50/50 into the sole accounts or freeze it like they do if thereā€™s a dispute between both parties about funds on closing.

Would like to know the real answer though :thinking:

1 Like

Maybe Iā€™ve misunderstood your post - But the chap was asking about closing his personal account, after opening a joint with his wife.

Iā€™m sure Monzo have said that isnā€™t possible?

Sorry, watching Green Lantern at the same time :yum:
The joint account would automatically close on receipt of CASS request was what I was inelegantly saying.

Biggest question is why not leave it open with nothing in it rather than closing it?

1 Like

Haha! Ok, I see what you are saying :smiley:

Is that the policy for Monzo currently?

1 Like