Labs Feedback: Joint Accounts šŸ¤

Any plans adding pots to Joint accounts?

1 Like

They are coming but not eta as of yet!

1 Like

Itā€™s on the radar but no dates yet :confused:

2 Likes

Both myself and my partner love the new Monzo joint account and will be sure to switch from FirstDirect once the functionality is available.

I donā€™t know if anyone else uses Yolt as well but it seems the joint account balance do not get displayed. Instead the balance of a pot on my persoanl account is shown. It makes it look like the joint account is just a pot rather than an actual account.

3 Likes

Iā€™d imagine this is the way Yolt is interpretating the data they are receiving. Itā€™s probably not optimised for joint accounts yet :slight_smile:

Totally agree. I thought it was worth mentioning though as I had spotted it yesterday.

1 Like

I noticed that when I created a PDF statement only my name is in bold font. My partners name below mine is not in bold. Makes it look weird, as if her name is part of our addressā€¦

Iā€™ve a joint account and I paid in Ā£200 by Standing order from Monzo CA then moved money Ā£10 from Joint back to Monzo CA. Whereā€™s my profile pick on the first transaction? Itā€™s still me! I hope Payee Management gets some serious love - I know itā€™s on the big list but sounds like thatā€™s just something to do with references.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s definiately a few buggy quirks around transferring between joint and personal and how it displays. Hopefully all be fixed soon! :crossed_fingers:t2:

Thanks, I hope so too!

1 Like

Iā€™ve set up a joint account for my wife and I. We got the cards this morning and Iā€™m a bit disappointed thereā€™s no clear way of differentiating between the joint card and personal card. I could memorize the card number but it can change. I know I can go in the app and find the last four digits but it would be so much easier if there was some differentiator between the cards (different colors maybe, a symbol or pattern difference).

Unlike other banks, monzo requires you to have a personal account to have a joint account, so everyone with a joint card definitely also has a personal card. Would really benefit from being able to tell the difference visually while out shopping rather than needing to go in the app.

Hi @armshouse :wave: Iā€™ve moved your post over to the joint account feedback thread so itā€™s kept together! Hope you some mind!

There is a joint account card coming but they are still being made. Once joint account is out of labs and the cards are made youā€™ll get a new joint account card. If you check out this thread you can see some funky customisations others have done!

Heres a sneaky peek of the new card:

5 Likes

Monzoā€™s favourite emoji

:soon:

The first joint account card with the new design just arrived! :heart_eyes: https://twitter.com/MakingMonzo/status/1022868791934550016/photo/1

1 Like

I canā€™t see whatā€™s new other than the ā€œjointā€ bit at the top

1 Like

Thatā€™s it. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Lacking a little flare IMO

That said. If it reflects in a digital wallet. Thatā€™s useful as I canā€™t tell the difference currently

1 Like

Less is more ! :slight_smile: Add your own jazz to itā€¦ha :slight_smile:

It should already be showing in your digital wallet as joint account. If itā€™s not then remove and add the card again to force the card artwork to update

Thereā€™s a discussion on it here: Joint Account cards same colour! but youā€™re too late now because theyā€™ve ordered the above design which I believe will be rolled out very soon.

Ah. I only added it last night while drunk so didnā€™t notice! :+1:

3 Likes