Labs Feedback: Joint Accounts šŸ¤

Joint account FAQ on Monzo.com also seems to need updating.

1 Like

How long does it normally take to get the ā€˜Youā€™ve set up a direct debitā€™ notification when you change account details? Was expecting it to be instant but got nothing through yet.

I asked this earlier :point_up_2:

I changed quite a few yesterday, had a couple of notifications through today (nothing yesterday).

Expect more to come through over the next few days.

2 Likes

As @nickh mentions. If you canā€™t see it after a week check with the merchant.

1 Like

On CASS switch the DDs started appearing for me on day3 however Iā€™ve only had a couple of merchants actually email to say itā€™s been updated. This will likely happen the next time they go to present the DD

Activated my joint account today. Really happy. Am still going to need to have multiple accounts (e.g. one for bills, one for day to day spending) to go ā€œfull Monzoā€.

Although I canā€™t see monzo allowing us to have more than one account besides joint and personal in the future. Hopefully certain bills etc can be desegnated to certain pots. I know this is something they are working on so keep your eyes peeled :eyes:

3 Likes

Just moved some money from my joint account to my personal account using withdraw money on the joint account move money screen and on the joint account feed it says ā€œyou paid me & joint account holder rather than just ā€œyou paid meā€

Just got our JA cards through. We use our legacy JA way more than our personal accounts, all of our household direct debits go through the account and there are loads of them! SO, in order to really start using the Monzo JA, we REALLY need CASS and fast!!!

Also moved our savings over as well from legacy bank only to discover that I couldnā€™t move it into a pot in the JA account. Bit disappointing, so will move that back until a JA pot is available.

Others have already had success with CASS, even though Monzo havenā€™t said they support it yet.

Apparently canā€™t switch from a JA yet!

But yet some people have without a problem :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah, I know it says that, but if you read up, people have successfully done so.

@glasgow has definitely done it!

If you want to risk it then..

1 Like

Personally no, if something was going to go wrong it would happen to me :grin:

2 Likes

Any evidence of people who have tried it and it not been successful? :thinking:

If they haveā€¦ I havenā€™t heard!

For what itā€™s worth, I manually transferred about 14 DDā€™s to my joint - It took a couple of hours, but I was confident it had been done properly!

2 Likes

No issues thus far. I even had a redirected payment come in from my old joint account to my new monzo one today so the redirect is working fine.

1 Like

Maybe Iā€™ll do a manual re-set up of the most important DDā€™s and then do the pseudo-CASS and hope for the best!!

I did exactly the same!