Labs Feedback: Joint Accounts šŸ¤

The usual assuming everyone is monogamous :roll_eyes:

My wife would be okay with opening a joint account up with our boyfriend :bride_with_veil::two_men_holding_hands:

2 Likes

This probably doesnā€™t deserve itā€™s own thread, so Iā€™ll tag it on here.

When people have switched DDā€™s to their joint (CASS or manual), have you had notification saying itā€™s been set up?

If so, how long did they take to come through?

Yeah I got lots of notifications as all my DDs transferred over on working day 3 of my switch

1 Like

Yes notification of each DD in your timeline.

1 Like

Super happy with Joint accounts so far :slight_smile:

+1 for Joint Account pots, reallocation between accounts, IFTTT on Joint account, and more differentiation on cards and in app.

Also my OH can never find the account switcher on Android.

3 Likes

Todayā€™s notes!

• We donā€™t currently support joint accounts on Monzo Web (thereā€™s no account swapper).
    • Weā€™re looking into it!
3 Likes

Would prefer the option to choose if I want a joint account with a card or just simply a joint account for saving up together.

We donā€™t use our joint account cards and donā€™t really know what to do with it - Dont want to carry it around and it feels like a security risk since I intend to put a lot of savings into the joint account.

Cut it up into a billion little pieces?

Edit: Although given you just want it for saving up - I donā€™t know why youā€™d want to use Monzo.

Even 3% interest is better than nothing - Plenty of other banks which would possibly do the job better for your situation.

2 Likes

Freeze the card keep it in a secure place. Otherwise wait for joint savings pots

2 Likes

The only thing Iā€™m finding annoying ATM is the feed looks a little bland on the JA.

I know the pulse graph is missing and in a way I like it missing but also the whole feed just needs to be more colourful lol

This is great news, and a feature I have been waiting on since opening my Monzo accountā€¦

Can you elaborate on CASS availability? This is the missing link for me in transferring wholeheartedly to Monzo. We have an existing Joint Account elsewhere which I want to move over. JA availability is great, but I canā€™t really transition until I can use the switching service to move fully across.

Kelvin

1 Like

Is anyone else unable to set up a standing order from their joint account to their personal one? I get ā€œSorry, there was a problem. Please try again and contact us if it continuesā€ when I try confirm it.

Update: Resolved by reinstalling the app

1 Like

Have just signed up to the JA - looking forward to using it! Big requirement for me so Iā€™m one step closer to fully moving over to Monzo.

Quick question - are you able to sort deposits by who deposited? Just so you can keep on top of how much Iā€™ve put in to something on the joint?

Hi @CaptainTed,

You can indeed - Itā€™ll show you the picture of whoever deposited the money.

You can also see this in ā€œsummary - transfersā€ and itā€™ll list who has deposited what.

1 Like

Great, thanks. Canā€™t wait to use the feature. Itā€™s the main reason I havenā€™t fully switchedā€¦ that and not wanting to lose my premier status at my other providerā€¦!

This thread has got a bit large and may benefit from being divided a bit (hard to find if ideas have been raised before when itā€™s 276 messages deep).

My thoughts:

• I should be able to turn off notifications for payments my partner makes on the joint account, while still getting them for my card
  • A clear description of how and why joint accounts are or arenā€™t offered an overdraft
  • On the home tab (Iā€™m on Android) it should indicate whether Iā€™m looking at my Personal or Joint account in a clear an unmissable way (itā€™s too easy for me to open the app and not know which Iā€™m looking at). This could be as simple as changing the background colour or a big label.
  • I donā€™t know how to make it that someone sending me money via Monzo can send to my joint account rather than my personal account (the sending money system seems to be based on me as a person, not a specific account)
  • It would be useful to be able to transfer direct debits between the two accounts, as I started with a Monzo account which I used for joint payments, but now am keeping that account as my personal account, and have a new Monzo account.
6 Likes

Is this the case. Was trying to work it out today. My wife and I just pay folks as and when, so itā€™d be annoying for me to - for example - set up the Window Cleaner as a payee. Then next month, my wife wants to pay it. Sheā€™d either have to set up the payee again in her app, or scroll through the transactions to find last months and pay them from there.

Bit off topic, but I donā€™t generally understand the Payments screen.

• I canā€™t seem to properly set up a payee, just see a list of Recent, which so far has always had who Iā€™ve need in it. But itā€™d be nice to have a fixed list of payees I pay every month.
  • The ā€˜New Contactā€™ button in iOS just seems to add a new contact on my phone book, not a payee in the app. Am I missing something?

+1 for turning off notifications your partner makes - could get very annoying
+1 for seeing which account youā€™re on on the home tab
+1 agree re someone sending money to me vs joint account - perhaps this is on roadmap?

2 Likes

I tested this.

It seemed to show payees iā€™ve made from my personal account

But i then added a new payee to make a payment from the joint account and the payee now appears on my wifeā€™s list

So i suspect the way it works is you see a list of payees that are from payments made from your own account and your joint account and your partner sees the same which is how i think it should be to be honest and i like it

1 Like

Ah. Thatā€™s cool! And agree thatā€™s how Iā€™d want it to work. Iā€™ll check on my wifeā€™s app when I get home to see if the payment I made today is there :slight_smile: