Labs Feedback: Joint Accounts 🤝

Yeah, it’s not as hard as it sounds (depending on the company of course).

Hilariously, the worst one to switch was the mortgage from Nationwide :joy: Took about 35 minutes - 30 of that was spent on hold!

2 Likes

So how are these people that have done a CASS switch managing to start the process? I get no option from the joint account’s account screen.

I find it through ADD MONEY -> ADD SALARY

That must have been updated as I was able to transfer money after having activated my card but my partner hadn’t activated his.

2 Likes

Oooo interesting.

Monzo did announce they were working on allowing accounts to be used straight away (before the cards have been activated), so perhaps it’s already been rolled out!

That’s good, it sounds like Monzo’s working to improve on this so that you can start using your account before either person has activated their card :fire:

https://twitter.com/james_routley/status/1019264582853058561

I think that might be the case already, as the option Move money between accounts was available as soon as I received the notification in my feed saying that my partner had completed the « form ». I didn’t try moving money until I received the card so I don’t know if it would have worked.

1 Like

Also I just realised that using force touch on the bottom of the screen allow me to switch accounts quickly, that’s so cool! :+1:

1 Like

I know you can transfer to JA using the account number and sort code, not sure about transfers out. My cards arrived within 2 days so I’m not sure on withdrawing

For anyone following, I had a notification from Monzo today (9 in fact), saying the DD’s had been moved across to the joint account.

I made the calls on Monday - Almost all of them have now completed!

3 Likes

One thing about the joint account that we’ve noticed (and I saw a mention of it on Twitter already, but I don’t think it’s been here), photos of receipts that are added are only visible on the person’s account who added them, not for both account holders. Really annoying when I want to pinpoint where all the money went! :smiley:

1 Like

We got approved for a mortgage today. A few hours later and the direct debit popped up in our joint account! :tada::raised_hands:t2:

Was pretty surprised at how quick it was setup.

16 Likes

Congratulations :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

Never seen a direct debit set up so quick

Banks are pretty good at getting things in place to take your money! Not so quick to do anything else though!

9 Likes

Any word on switch account service for joint accounts? Want to move over a whole lot of direct debits from my old bank account to monzo with doing them individually.

1 Like

Probably when it’s out of labs and all officially running

My joint account card is on its way!!! :grinning:

1 Like

Really need the switch service up and running before we can actually use the account. Not bothered about doing the full Current Account switch, just need the part switch where I can select our own direct debits to switch over, I will do the rest myself.

Can anyone verify if the partial switch service is working?

2 Likes