Labs Feedback: Joint Accounts đŸ€

No plans currently, only CASS for now. But we would love to find a slick approach to internally transferring DDs, for sure.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree with this more! Seems silly and confusing to make them the same colour when you have to have both anyway

3 Likes

Monzo have definitely missed a trick on making joint account cards identical (bar “joint account”) to individual ones. There were tonnes of creative ideas for joint account cards. They’ve made the wrong call on this one. Got our joint cards this week - so that’s 4 identical cards now kicking about our house. The joint ones went straight in the drawer. Where they will stay.

3 Likes

Error :-1:.

It’s good to hear your opinion :slight_smile:

Is that the same Hot Coral?

It obviously looks a lot paler, but I wasn’t sure if that’s just the mock up (or maybe my eyes).

Yes it’s the same.

1 Like

Hot coral is one of the few colours that doesn’t display correctly on screens :-1:t3:

3 Likes

Not sure if it’s a bug or me being silly.

When moving money between accounts, if you don’t press enter, or tap out of the input for the amount, the last known amount will be the one that is used, even though you can see the new amount.
Found out as I tried transferring 15 quid but ended up doing 50.

Using Pixel 2XL running Android P

1 Like

Just had my first experience of pain with the joint account - setting up my water billing after moving house over the weekend. Affinity water will only allow joint account direct debits via a paper form in the post

So rather than use the shiny new joint account, I use my own account and will continue to use splitwise to split the bill with my partner.

Is this paper form standard for all joint account direct debits? If so I think this feature is going to be gathering quite a bit of dust for us

That’s the exact video I was thinking of!

1 Like

Sounds like your water company are a bit old fashioned :frowning:

Just tell them it doesn’t need joint authority
 I’ve never said my account is a joint account and never had an issue! XD

2 Likes

As others have said, I’ve moved a ton of DD’s into the joint today (Anglian water being one of them) - They won’t actually need both names, you can just use one name (I had success with both mine, and my wife’s for different things).

2 Likes

I actually asked CS earlier whether I would need to put my name or both of our names for DDs. They confirmed you can set them up just using either person as the “name on account”.

1 Like

That’s certainly the way it works everywhere else so I’d have been surprised if Monzo were different in that regard.

Card arrived yesterday.
This morning both me and my fiancée activated our cards. Great process as always, though neither of us could find how to switch from personal to joint account on iOS (not mine). This seems to be much simpler on Android

This is what I got:

Technically speaking I don’t believe the name you enter matters much for a direct debit as long as the account number and sort code are correct; but we’d recommend going with including both names (i.e. F Bloggs & J Brown or full versions of both names) so the merchant can match that up with other information about you if needed :bank:

I should add that while you can technically both set up direct debits and you may choose to only provide one of the two names on the account for that mandate, because it is a joint account this means any debits are made to your joint balance regardless of who is named on the mandate itself.

If you download the latest iOS version which came out yesterday then it has the improved switcher on it. Although still think it be further improved!

2 Likes