Labs Feedback: Joint Accounts šŸ¤

You get a new account number and sort code for the joint account that you can use?

Sorry if someone has already asked this, but Iā€™m not so keen on a joint account, as I donā€™t want to be linked financially so someone else just yet, when Monzo decides to report to the CRA.

What I am interested in is shared pots, however, Iā€™d like to know what plan is for shared pots, as if these will require a joint account, i might just bite the bullet! Anyone got any insight on this?

You can vote for shared pots via the Monzo Roadmap here:

1 Like

Not sure if itā€™s been mentioned, but the ability to see your balances (in both personal and joint), when transferring money between accounts would be good.

At the moment, the software number pad obscures that!

3 Likes

Money could be withdrawn or moved etc by the surviving partner regardless and joint accounts can be closed by either person registered on the account. So is this much of an issue? or am I missing something?

1 Like

There are other details to think about.

There is an individual Monzo account attached so what would happen to that?

The same as would happen now. I donā€™t imagine that will change because a Joint Account exists.

2 Likes

Question for JA users.

When your partner spends, does it say ā€œPartner spent Ā£Xā€

Iā€™ve just paid an amex bill from the JA, and all it says is ā€œJoint Account - Ā£Xā€ - It doesnā€™t say WHO spent it?

1 Like

Hi Team,

After checking out the Joint accounts over that last few days, it occurred to me that the only thing holding us back from switching is availability of overdrafts. We very rarely check our over draft accounts throughout the month and would appreciate the safety net of an overdraft. Is this feature on the roadmap for the joint account epic?

Kyle

1 Like

Additional designs and colours please :speak_no_evil:. If I start using the joint account I would most definitely like a different colour to defrentiate between the two. Having a small icon in the corner is in my opinion not enough of a difference :hear_no_evil:, if colours arnt possible then a better defrentiating design is a must, I love what you are trying to do by keeping the design subtle, but this doesnā€™t work. Also itā€™s even less obvious when selecting a card in Google Pay or when using my Curve card :see_no_evil:, so additional digital designs for also be handy.

2 Likes

No, it doesnā€™t. Although in the feed you can see by the overlay icon who spent what.

1 Like

Yeah, I do like that little picture implementation.

I guess if you get a ā€œjoint account notificationā€, and you havenā€™t spent anythingā€¦ It doesnā€™t take Sherlock Holmes to work out who did!

2 Likes

No it doesnā€™t say in the notification but that would be good

1 Like

For now the joint account picture will be the same as your personal one. I think going purse first with Bob is a pretty good match for a bank account :slight_smile:

Hey Stuart,

There isnā€™t currently anything to move Direct Debits from a personal account to a joint account. You would need to talk to merchants directly.

Weā€™re working on the designs for joint account CASS at the moment, but no ETA right now.

Thereā€™s at least one account on the forums of joint CASS working, is it a complicated problem to solve?

Ha - Sure I dont mind it being the same as my personal account, but since changing my personal image the one on my joint account remains my old one.

Thanks @Jami - thereā€™s a comment here Joint Account Migration Strategy suggesting that joint account CASS is already working, so I might give it a go!

Hi Jami - this isnā€™t about CASS (which Iā€™m looking forward to too for joint accounts), but moving DDs that are set up on our sole account to the joint without having to contact the company involved.

Any idea on that?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve only just looked here and read that the account isnā€™t useable until the cards arrive and are activated. However, in app I saw this notification
Screenshot_20180716-155503__01
So Iā€™ve transferred money into it, and set up a standing order. What doesnā€™t work until the cards arrive?