Known issues / bugs šŸ›šŸœšŸž

Android
Attachment picture would not upload when picture is above 5mb

Just checked my spending tab, previous months balances have been reset to Nil. and the current month is only showing last weeks totals.If i check the home screen all the transactions are shown there.

That happened to me once but it turned out to just be a glitch.
I think I force quit the app and then restarted it which seemed to restore everything back to its rightful orderā€¦

Thanks for reporting this @nikostzegka. As @Trash says, you can fix it by reloading the fead (you should not have to force quit but try that if reloading does not fix it). We hope to have a fix for this bug soon.

Thanks @trash, everything back in order now. @ole tried reloading and it was still showing the same balances, force quit seems to do the job.

1 Like

On Android app, when clicking the red+ for top up it takes 5 or 6 seconds for debit card option to become available (not greyed out)

On Android app when clicking on ā€œhelp feedbackā€ it comes up with the new conversation screen, and you have to use back arrow at the top to see conversations you are having/had (if use phone back button it takes you back to main menu rather than list of convos)

I feel it would be more intuitive if when you clicked help/feedback it took you either to your current conversation (and allowed you to use phone back to take you to convos list) or to a list of all conversations with the floating + available to start a new conversation.

Basically copy the way hangouts does it :smile:

2 Likes

I requested this here but apparently the decision to open the window in that screen was deliberate :grimacing:

1 Like

I agree with that. Doesnā€™t feel very intuitive and not being able to use the back button is also a bit annoying.

2 Likes

Card declined at gigsandtours.com.

Error message: Something about bank declining the card transaction.

(Sorry I didnā€™t save the error message in time)

Did the app show anything? If not itā€™s worth checking with the support team to see if they see anything

Anyone else had problems at Sainsburyā€™s ā€œPay at pumpā€? Twice now Iā€™ve filled up, paid using my monzo card and got a notification to say that Iā€™ve spent ā€˜Ā£1ā€™, which I was told is the authorisation payment. It rectifies itself in a few days but of course my balance doesnā€™t show properly for a few days so I canā€™t really see how much money is left on the card,

Pay at Pumps arenā€™t officially supported due to that reason. As your card details are taken prior to fuel delivery, Monzo donā€™t know exactly how much you are taking, and nor do Sainsburyā€™s. The best way over this is to pay in the kiosk where possible, failing that add a note to the transaction for the amount once you have fuelled up.

1 Like

Following on from Benā€™s post. I think this is an offline transaction (someone else will confirm this) & thatā€™s why only the authorization charge is made.

I tried to highlight the problems these transactions cause here

& Iā€™m now hoping to be able to manage these payments by setting aside the upcoming payment in a virtual saving pot which is on the roadmap here.

1 Like

Not offline because the authorisation is there. This is simply a case of the final amount not being known at the time of auth (you insert your card before vending begins).

The final amount is then made known to Monzo during presentment of the final charge at some time between that night and a few weeks later.

For pay at kiosk, the final amount is known at the time of authorisation so the full amount can be made known to Monzo and held until the presentment and settlement of that same charge.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s recent changes to the way ā€œAFDā€ - Automatic Fuel Dispense transactions are handled (though it also very much depends on the fuel pump in use)ā€¦ The modern way is for the pump to ask for a maximum to be authorised (e.g. Ā£100). If the card does not have that amount, rather than decline, a response containing the amount ā€œavailable to spendā€ is returned instead, and the fuel dispenser will only dispense that amount, maximum. If the user end up dispensing less than what was authorised, I believe an adjustment advice is sent afterwards.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting, thanks for sharing that.

In those cases, I would prefer Monzo to report the available amount from the transport target, providing that amount is actually available on the card.

1 Like

Tried to withdraw a non note value amount (Ā£6) from a Post Office counter, the card was reported to the teller as signature-only (and thus declined) when inserted with the chip, did not read as contactless. Card works as normal elsewhere, and Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve used it to pay for postage at the Post Office before, so this is probably some youā€™re-trying-to-withdraw-cash-so-weā€™re-gong-to-be-difficult weirdness.

Yes, the Monzo Alpha/Beta cards do not work for almost any kind of over the counter cash or supermarket cashback. It works for normal payments at the Post Office as well as cash at ATMs.

1 Like