Keep track of what you’re owed with Shared Tabs

@Johng123 I have moved your post here to continue the current thread

1 Like

Yes but if you make multiple shared tab purchase, across different categories you wouldn’t be able to track it correctly .

Also pretty sure transfers in like wages don’t get dudected from your spending, same should apply here

This is an issue with Shared Tabs. After thinking about it I think your solution makes the most sense.

Some types of transfer are deducted and some aren’t. I think if you change the category of an incoming bank transfer from General then the value of the incoming transfer is deducted from the spend in that category. This definitely works with incoming Monzo-to-Monzo payments.

Anyone used this on holiday with friends before? Is everyone able to add to the shared tab etc?

Yeah have done on 2/3 holidays now at this stage.

Works a dream. :tada:

Only thing to watch out for is if you add the transactions straight away before the final amount has cleared in the foreign currency itll mean sometimes the splits dont end up exactly like theyre intended and can be out a few pence from tbe final figure

3 Likes

I’ve used Splid before which has a nice interface.

Follow up question - in Splid you add an expense and say who to split it with (perhaps it’s not for everyone in the tab).

It seems in Monzo it splits between everyone in the Tab. How do you remove certain people from the split? Is it by changing the amount they owe to 0? If I do this, does it redistribute the rest evenly?

If I do the above on Bill Split it seems to just add it back to myself, and not share it evenly?

EDIT

Got my answer

2 Likes

I’m surprised the name of a shared tab still can’t be changed. Seems more important now that there’s support for recurring bills in a long lived shared tab.

1 Like

I fully agree! I’ve also posted about this in another thread. It’s annoying not being able to change the name!

Yeah everyone is able to add to the shared tab, it’s a great feature if not a little bit buggy still.

Mmm, the one thing I’d love to see is being able to select who to split with, and not default split between everyone

You can set anyone you don’t want to split with to zero.

1 Like

We really need to have shared tabs for non-monzo users. It doesn’t even need to create a link like the split transaction feature, but it is just to keep a record of what someone would owe me.

Yes but it doesn’t put the cost evenly around the remaining people it puts it all back onto you

Splitting it evenly among the people who haven’t already been edited would definitely be a better UX, even better than having an extra screen for you to select who you want to split with imo.

1 Like

Sure - either or would work fine.

If I added something, and then it split it between everyone, then I could be like (not you, not you) and it then moved around the money to all non edited entries - now we’re talking!

Does anyone else on Android have a problem with Shared Tabs? If I click through to Payments/Shared the list is empty. If I uninstall the app and reinstall I can get to my shared tabs once, then the same problem.

I can still add transactions to my tabs fine.

It might be worth submitting a bug report here:

https://community.monzo.com/c/customersupport/bugreports

So I have recently split with my partner and we are trying to use shared tabs to keep track of payments for the kids (clothes, activities etc). Overall I think it is working, however we need to pay and split cash for some hobbies and ATM withdrawals have no unique information.

So my ask, any chance if you add a note to a payment this can also be shared in the payment. This will make things so much easier :blush:

1 Like

Completely agree.

You can already add notes to manual transactions and the same functionality when adding any transaction to a Shared Tab would be perfect.

This feature has been suggested previously and you can vote for it here:

1 Like

Thanks. I have voted. :blush:

1 Like