Ability to add communal notes + receipts to Shared Tabs & Bill Splits

We need the ability to add (or show) receipts in Shared Tabs and Bill Splits.

My girlfriend and I have been trialing Shared Tabs to split our expenses and we love the convenience but, coming from Splittr, which we love, we really miss the ability to add receipts and notes.

Itemised receipts + notes are essential for validating transactions, especially when they’re weeks or months old and neither of you can remember what was in them. And especially for things like groceries, which involve many items, including some that we’re not splitting with each other.

We feel a bit blind doing it in Monzo without receipts + notes, so we’re sticking mostly with Splittr for now.

5 Likes

Completely agree.

It would be great to have an option to add a and/or receipt to a Bill Split request when you send them.

These notes and receipts could then appear as the transaction reference and receipt when someone accepts a Bill Split request.

This would make things so much easier in managing payments in our situation. Please let’s get some more votes for this. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

This is the single biggest (simple) thing i think is missing. It would just be such a big quality of life improvement.

2 Likes

I’ve just started using shared tabs and noticed that you can’t add notes/receipts. It would make it a lot easier to identify what the actual purchase was.

2 Likes

Please, please, PLEASE can we have this. I’ve been asking for months for the ability to add a note when splitting the bill to explain what the split is for (especially if it is retrospective). It would really help my partner understand what in Sainsburys (other supermarkets are available) I am asking him to send me money for. As it is, he has to keep whatsapping me to ask what I have just requested money for.

1 Like

Could not agree with this more.

Also, being able to add notes to Shared Tab transactions would let people quickly see what each transaction in the tab was for.

1 Like

This is a pretty key feature which is painfully absent

1 Like

My partner and I use shared tabs to split our living expenses. This feature would make our lives a lot easier!

2 Likes

We need this! It is a very useful feature which I think should be added, as well as description to pots.

One of those things that when you notice its missing you cant help but think why. Would be super useful

I really can’t believe this still hasn’t been implemented. I have been having issues with this for such a long time now and I really don’t understand why the functionality isn’t there.

First mentioned this in SEPT 2018

You could say that about any number of features that have been requested, or are missing. Sometimes priorities mean stuff gets pushed to the back of the queue.

In my work support system we have some suggestions for improvements going back as far as 2008 which have yet to be implemented! Some have now been archived because the software has moved on so much the improvement has been negated or rendered pointless, whilst some are still awaiting their turn. They may happen :soon:

2 Likes

Completely agree with this, as with everyone else here. Surprised it was requested so long ago and not discussed by Monzo just yet. Since the functionality already exists inside the transactions in the main view, I can’t imagine that the work to copy these labels onto the shared tab view would be so difficult. There are so many scenarios where I see this being useful further to the above

1 Like

Hi there

I’m totally for this feature, really would be so helpful to have but I’m surprised this hasn’t been implemented yet considering this suggestion has been made for some time now!

Mark

Is there anyway we can introduce a feature where when creating shared bills or custom bills that we can attach a document/photo so the other participants can see?

The ability to add a note to the bill split request would be so helpful! I use Monzo to pay off my Amex in chunks and rather than splitting the Amex transaction, I have to manually request an amount from my partner so I can note what it was originally used to pay for.

1 Like

It has now been over five years since I first made this request (yikes!). Can’t believe it still hasn’t been implemented but I will continue to bang the drum.

Every time I want to split a bill for something I have to WhatsApp and tell the person what it is for, rather than being able to just add a simple (optional) note during the request.

For example, today I made some purchases on Amazon that I hadn’t previously discussed with my partner. I want to send him a bill split request with a note, as all he can see is the amount and the merchant. Surely I can’t be the only person that thinks that the merchant isn’t always a good enough indicator of what a payment is for? i.e. £10 at Sainsburys “on what?” @ConnorPB? Not sure whose remit this is under.

3 Likes

Oh I can definitely resonate with this! This one wouldn’t be with me, but my good friend @giorgio is interested in this area. Perhaps something for his list :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face: