Just what is the biggest complaint about Monzo? šŸ¤”

Iā€™ll have to have another look at Starling. Last time I looked (August) it was an absolute shambles and impossible to do.

1 Like

They updated it in December, and now you can have multiple bank accounts per payee, or even multiple of the same bank account but with different references per payee

3 Likes

For the record, that comment in their tweet about ā€œbeginning to scope out Apple Payā€ makes no sense because..

:running_man:

4 Likes

Poor support for standing ordersā€¦ have had 9 declined to date (plenty of funds available and all details entered correctly etc.)

4 Likes

Thatā€™s weird, what was the support teamā€™s explanation?

Usually thisā€¦

But more recently a connection timeout between Monzo and the recipient bank.

1 Like

Thanks, thatā€™s not good but at least they know what the issue is. Looking forward to them fixing that :slight_smile:

I was told Applepay was to be implemented in Q1/Q2 of 2017ā€¦ by November my patience ran out.

1 Like

The overdraft is so expensive

3 Likes

My Cellular Iwatch is always on my wrist . My phone is quicker than taking out wallet n sifting through cardā€¦

You could memorise and itā€™s gonna be easier :joy:

Could you name some specific features here?

2 Likes

No incoming or outgoing SCT or SWIFT.

1 Like

To be honest i donā€™t drive or been abroad so Iā€™ve no way of being able to prove ID. Why canā€™t you just use a utility bill and my regular bank account as proof as thatā€™s what my last bank did. I have a chain of bank to bank ID since my parents vouched for my first account when I was 13 but things where different back then. I have a few hoops still to jump through. If your new ID way is feasible then I will convert but if you put a 100 limit on top ups this will push me to revolut or if there is fees for all top ups I will totally move over. 200 withdraw is better than nothing. Youā€™ve been very disingenuous suggesting nothing will change to prepay customers then talk about fees for top ups. My phone isnā€™t capable of Android Pay but I will change phones and use that with my main account.

I donā€™t think weā€™ve ever said nothing will change. That would be a very foolish thing for us to say. Obviously our product will evolve over time to suit the needs of the business, like all businesses. If that pushes you to a rival company then Iā€™m afraid thatā€™s just the way it goes - but you will likely find that rival companies will also introduces changes at some point that you might not agree with. We always want to do whatā€™s best for our customers - but we canā€™t do that if it comes at the expense of the business itself, so we try to strike the right balance and include the community in the discussion if and when a major change needs to be made.

What weā€™ve said is that - right now - you can use the current account in the same way as the prepaid, if you choose to not use bank transfers, Direct Debits, or get your salary paid in. If you choose to only add in money that you wish to spend using the card or withdraw at an ATM, then for all intents and purposes itā€™s the same product, just with the benefit of FSCS protection and a whole bunch of additional features that are there should you ever wish to use them.

Regarding ID, we do right now require driving license, passport, or national ID card, however before we shut down the prepaid scheme weā€™ll have a manual backup program in place for verification where weā€™ll be able to accept other documents, however it will take longer as each one will be reviewed manually. More updates on that to come soon :grinning:

13 Likes

Lack of overdraft as standard definitely annoying as seems so basic for a bank it should not take so long to set up. Also, being so off with the estimates arrival is not ideal.

There are overdrafts though?

Getting rid of the hamburger menu?

3 Likes

Slow rollout & by invite though. Not as a standard offer not by invite

1 Like

I just wanted to revisit this for a couple reasons; I havenā€™t switched to getting my salary paid into monzo (yet). As I still get benifits with my legacy bank that I dont want to lose just yet. For that reason I still top up my Monzo card once a month on Payday. Iā€™ve been doing this via Apple Pay for now because its just easier for me to do so.

However I got an email the other week about how it costs Monzo money each time I Apple Pay to top up. So this payday I thought Id set up my Monzo account as a payee of my legacy account.

1. My legacy banks app didnt let me paste account numbers or sort codes when setting up a payee.
  2. It quit the process every time I left the app to go check my Monzo account number / sort code.

With no pen or paper easily at had, I gave up and topped up using Apple Pay again. (Sorry Monzo)

Had my account number and sort code been printed on my card, Iā€™d have pulled it out my pocket and be set up in no time.

Call me lazy, call me unorganised for not having pen or paper at hand. But it was frustrating and I did what was easiest for me as a user. Iā€™ll carry on preaching that account numbers an sort codes printed on cards are useful. At least until the hypothetical day in the future when you can switch the account a card is assigned to.

6 Likes