Is your question urgent pop up is really annoying

If you are doing it I can confirm the time based check doesn’t work. Unless it’s seconds

Maybe they should change the question to;

‘Is your question urgent or really annoying?’

:wink:

Yeah, I agree. Especially considering that the notification of a new reply doesn’t take me to a chat, I have to choose an option when I want to view an existing support chat, which just doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

I agree, definitely needs to be moved to a different section… when you compose a new message. It is so annoying when you have an ongoing chat…

Another reason to replace Intercom with something better. :grin:

(click the :arrow_down_small: to see the list in the post)

2 Likes

Doesn’t it? We might have a bug there. The expected behaviour is that if you have a pending message you shouldn’t even get to see the “Help” section but instead take you directly to the conversation. We’ll double-check and fix it if needed. Thanks a lot for flagging it! :+1:

4 Likes

Are there no API based chat systems so you can control all the front end/UI?

They are planning on building their own. Then Hugo can design it properly!

Yeah, being taken back to the chat never works for me on iOS

2 Likes

I like what Monzo’s trying to do here. But it seems like there’s room for improving the UX, I did find the popup slightly annoying while using Intercom, during my 1st query since it’s been implemented.

Don’t back it until you’ve tried it :wink:

To be fair I sent messages (so I had to clear the popup) on 6 separate occasions, whereas we now know that the average issue’s resolved within 2-3 (1.3m chats divided by 450k conversations - last message is often sent to acknowledge resolution). If I only had to clear it a few times it would be less annoying - but still a long way from delightful.

I can’t make the feedback any more constructive than that though :disappointed: as Hugo’s said that triggering the popup when the user goes to open new conversation isn’t an option. So I’m just adding my vote - hopefully the team can find a different way to make this work - if enough users raise this..Unfortunately the problem is more disappointing when on the face of it, there’s an easy / smart solution, even if in reality it’s not an option.

3 Likes

That worked for me on Android (beta) when I needed a chat last week.

1 Like

Thanks all for your insightful feedback, this really makes us get better everyday.

As the PM in charge of this implementation I’ll definitely tackle the issues raised, thanks for allocating some time to discuss it here.

Our approach with this is primarily to allow our customers to decide (and raise it with us) if they need an urgent reply or not, and everyone telling us they can wait a bit has already helped us making sure the ones that do need a swift reply actually get it.

We know this is a first approach to something that can definitely be improved and will work to include your suggestions and make it more consistent with the Monzo experience you expect. We will first tackle the annoyance of having to deal with the pop up even if you just want to reach an already existing conversation.

I’ll come back soon with some improvements for you to check!

7 Likes

Don’t trust the users! They’re people like me.

That said, how many times are people contacting COps that this annoys them?

The fact it repeats every time you go to see the latest message on a single support request means it could only be once to be annoying

IMO ditch the dialog, and just have a separate button for urgent chats, so there would be two paths triggered by two buttons :

1. Chat with us
  2. I have an urgent problem

Chat with us opens all chats and lets you start a new one.

Urgent problem opens a new chat at high priority.

The dialog is a bit intrusive and just gets in the way. I do love the chatty support though; hope Monzo can keep it as they grow as it sets you apart from most banks.

4 Likes

Well that’s an error.

Sure - but you asked how many chats people are having to make it annoying, I said one due to the error/bug/unintended consequence of the implementation.

I was agreeing with you. It’s an error, it shouldn’t do that. Needs to be fixed.

Yes it’s great

I saw a documentary once, about emergency services where people phoned 999 to get an emergency O2 top up, they had ran out of bread… Or other non important shit

What happens if people decide the request is important when in reality it isn’t, at all? :yum:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.