[iOS] Search function crashes app!

Issue: Search function crashes when you type and press space

Details to reproduce: Go to search function and type in details the app just crashes.

Device: iPhone 7 Plus
App Version: 2.59.0

Screenshots: Can’t get a screenshot as the app crashes when I try to reproduce this issue.

Hey,

Thanks for reporting, we’re currently investigating this, I’ll let you know once we’ve gotten to the bottom of it.

4 Likes

No problem @craigj thanks for getting back to me about this.

1 Like

I’m seeing this on 2.65.0 (563) using iOS 12.4.1 (iPhone 7).

It happens when I press space, or if I press the Search button on the keyboard.

I found that it was possible to do a blank search and then doing my intended search worked (ie. not typing anything, press Search, then edit the search field again for what I intended to search for, press Search, works as expected).

2 Likes

Hey Craig, is there any progress on this issue? I’ve been having it for months across several Monzo versions. Not sure why I didn’t think to check/report it on the forum before. Thanks!

1 Like

Still an issue for me currently as well I’m on the latest TF version too also happened when I wasn’t on TF.

Hey,

Unfortunately we don’t have a fix yet, we’ve done some investigation and have found the root cause, but the fix itself has proven to be a bit more complicated. :pensive:
I’ll let you know when there’s any updates.

The app shouldn’t crash if you wait a second or so before hitting search

5 Likes

Thanks so much for the update. And good to know there’s a workaround! That works with the space issue as well – if I type a word, wait a few seconds, then type a space, the app doesn’t crash. This makes it a lot more manageable until the bug is fixed. :tada:

1 Like

Appreciated for the update on this issue that’s what I’ve been doing when the other option doesn’t work I’ll keep doing that for now until we get a further update and hopefully a fix good that you’re keeping us informed on this issue though ^_^.

1 Like

I forgot to say, that instead of tapping Search, you can also drag to scroll the results list (even if it can’t scroll), and the keyboard will disappear.

1 Like

Sadly the workaround doesn’t work for me. Thanks for the update. Hopefully we’ll get a fix soon because this is an important feature that might be putting people off Monzo who don’t check the forums.