Introducing the new Monzo Plus

Makes sense to turn my savings pots into regular points right if you have plus? Interest rate Is 0.5% on savings pot at the moment - this is offering 1% across balance and regular pots.

2 Likes

I’m finding just one issue after signing up, when I tap the account button underneath my card, that screen is slow to load and verry laggy scrolling through when it does.

2 Likes

I know, Tom. Was advising another poster :grin:

1 Like

I closed the app down, relaunched and I think it’s all set up okay - I’ve had £5 deducted, £10 added and have a nice, new, colourful background :grin: :+1:t3:

1 Like

That’s correct. Fun fact, account interest is one of the few pieces of code shared between this and the old Plus…

7 Likes

Virtual cards are a great addition - I recently changed my Amex card number and had several subscriptions bounce as they don’t automatically update, being able to prevent this is useful!

1 Like

But you can get these features free elsewhere why would you pay for it?

Depends on the pot and any future plans that take you over £2k I suppose.

Given its capped at £2k, if you’re likely to pass that soon, I’d probably keep pots where they are so they will both accrue their own interest

What will happen to those of us that are happy with the old Monzo Plus we are still paying for?

1 Like

Up to £2,000, then nothing. So will depend on how much you hold in pots within Monzo.

The implementation looks great. It’s simple and easy to understand without lots of options to complicate things.

I do most of my day to day spending (apart from bills) from my joint account so will hold out for that at least. The value proposition doesn’t quite stack up for me yet… £60 a year, less £20 for the interest on £2000 means £40 for the other features. There are some neat things there (virtual cards and other bank transactions mostly) but I don’t think they are worth that money to me.

Feels like it needs one more thing of financial value to make it more broadly appealing… that could just be decent offers that I’d regularly use, like 1% off in supermarkets would cover it!

9 Likes

Connecting to a Capital One credit card causes the Capital One to crash so it can’t be added. Where is best to report this bug?

1 Like

I seem to have a bug where the name of the account isn’t displayed above the card after it loads (for Natwest). Or it does for a brief moment and then disappears.

3 Likes

Yeah, but then I thought about a recent conversation I had about supporting businesses challenging what I’ve hated (in this case in banking). So though £5 wasn’t a problem to show support.
The initial reaction was just disappointment due to lack of joint account support :frowning:

2 Likes

There’s a little bug with the connected accounts:

Video of the bug (YouteTube)

@tjvr The app tries to refresh and fails when it receives focus, the title of the account also disappears.

So far I’m happy with the features, however I think the potential of having virtual cards pay from pots would make the virtual cards far more appealing (with the bonus of Apple Pay).

1 Like

Are you on Android? Do you have the Revolut app installed?

Can you try uninstalling the Revolut app temporarily, please? (This is a fairly fascinating bug we’re investigating…)

5 Likes

Woah, the interest pays more than my savings pot :open_mouth:

4 Likes

This is a tremendous way of pushing out competition :wink:

13 Likes

Small touch but I love the Monzo designed cards for other banks :ok_hand:

13 Likes

Yeah, but you start at minus £5 :rofl:

2 Likes