Introducing the new Monzo Plus

I wouldn’t wish to have to put up with let’s say nationwides app with their account that pays interest if you pay in your salary with no fee.

I’m likely to keep my free account with it being my primary account for now.

1 Like

Did you edit this screenshot to hide the transaction details, or do we have a bug to fix? :smile:

4 Likes

Any chance Virgin Money can be added into the providers that accounts can be connected from?

10 Likes

Bug Report: Monzo Plus customers using other banking apps.

Fix: err, yeah delete the other banks, that’s right.

Can’t wait to hear how that specific but manifests!

6 Likes

Any chance Virgin Money can be added into the providers that accounts can be connected from?

Yes I would love for this - as this is my main credit card bank.

5 Likes

When splitting a transaction into two categories (so cool that I can do this in Monzo!!) the top category doesn’t have an arrow next to it but the bottom one does. It feels a bit off that the amounts aren’t aligned but that one is slightly more to the right because of the arrow. Obviously this is a very small nitpick and I’m not cancelling my plus membership because of it, bit would be nice to tweak it.

Edit: just gone back in and the second arrow has gone and it looks as I would expect it to - all lined up. :smiley: Guess I spoke too soon.

1 Like

Looking good, signed up! :grin:

Open Banking looks great! But unfortunately I can’t use it as my accounts are with Starling, Revolut, Amex BA, John Lewis Partnership Card.

:crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:Hopefully we see them one day @kieranmch

7 Likes

I edited the screenshot! All good on my end :smile:

1 Like

If I add my Lloyds account/credit card, can I then pay that credit card direct from Monzo?

(without a DD/SO)

Good job guys, purchased for virtual cards and the custom categories.

I do have one question r.e. virtual cards.

Are there any plans to support:

• Specify name / address associated to a card (and setting a limit, e.g. £50 at which point it will auto deactivate). This could be a cool alternative to gift-cards.
  • Ability to lock a card to a specific merchant (the first its used with)
  • Ability like with revolut, to have a card for one-time purchases from “shady” websites where the card automatically regenerates after use (where a sane limit can also be set so transactions above this threshold are denied).
6 Likes

Looks great overall. Have just signed up, no brainer with the two months free from original plus.

Custom categories and account aggregation are killer for me.

Suggestions for both:

• Nested categories as already said above would be killer. Allows for such a fantastic level of budgeting.

• I know Amex is coming so excited for that, but would love virgin added to for credit card purposes :crossed_fingers:

Edit:

• ability to rearrange the account order a la pots! I’m going to want to look at connected credit cards far more often than my joint account for instance.
6 Likes

If I’ve signed up today, does that mean it is going to come out on the 16th of every month or do I have the option to change this? Need it to be 1st :frowning:

8 Likes

@tomdavies
Will I keep my existing policies for the month? As I’ve only just paid my monthly fee for old plus?

Any plans to support Metro Bank?

8 Likes

It would also make sense if I could pay from my Monzo account into one of my linked accounts. There doesn’t appear to be an easy way to do this.

1 Like

Thank you for the tip, I had the same problem with Capital One connection to Emma!

Removing the Revolut app fixed the problem instantly.

2 Likes

Unfortunately the new version of Monzo Plus doesn’t support changing your billing date (I know a few of you requested this for the original version!). We wanted to focus on making sure we get the basics right first.

If you want to have your billing date on the 1st of the month, you’ll have to wait until the 1st of the month to sign up. Our servers run on UTC time, so make sure you do it after 1am to make sure; if you sign up at 12:01am or something your billing date might end up as the 31st :see_no_evil:

13 Likes

agreed

It’s great package for price point in my opinion!

Only slight thing, I have multiple capital one credit cards, when you try to add second one, it removes the first. Seems to only allow single card to be added.

3 Likes

Does the new holo card have a new card number?

1 Like