Introducing the new Monzo Plus

Congrats on the launch! :partying_face:

Just finished reading up and decided to join, but I’ve had the “Building Monzo Plus” page for about 10 minutes now :confused: has anyone else had this issue?

The monzo.me username isn’t offered as part of this version, but if you already have a custom monzo.me username then you’ll get to keep it :+1:

13 Likes

The new card that we will receive if we sign up for Plus is it gonna have new card number or it will be the same? I am so comfortable now knowing all the numbers on top of my head.
I believe you should add a bit more info on your initial advertise email about what if we change mind within the first three months, it also says “you will pay £5 a month for a minimum of 3 months”, what about after that period?

1 Like

Great news. Any news on the Monzo.me custom URLs and if we keep them?

Three minutes before, you were not going to :rofl:

1 Like

Sorry if I’ve missed this, how many virtual cards can you have? And can you delete and generate as many as you like?

You can have up to five at a time. If you delete or cancel one, you can make another. There’s no limit to how many times you can do that.

5 Likes

Ahh, that’s awesome. Thank you.

1 Like

The 1% interest how does that work?

Is it paid monthly or daily in to you account

Let’s say I have the full 2k in my account and pots (non interest bearing pots) does that mean I would earn £20 a month in interest which is 1% ?

1 Like

Sorry about this :disappointed: I think we’ve spotted this internally, we’re looking into it!

1 Like

There is rumoured to be a travel version coming, obviously not much point at the moment

Nice one. I would have expected to be able to re-order accounts in the list though, like you can your main account and pots.

4 Likes

I read somewhere that it is monthly.

Definitely not. 1% AER, so £2,000 kept in throughout the year would earn the £20.

Monthly is about £1.66

8 Likes

I have just signed up and loving the look of the new plus.

Shame that I can’t add my first direct account, any news of when this will be online again?

Excellent! Signed up! I like how it’s mostly a functionality boost as opposed to perks!

Should make my life easier while driving more people to use Monzo in a revenue generating way. Sensible business decisions.

The 1% is a nice addition to help offset the cost.

4 Likes

A couple of bad characters have snuck their way in on this text.

1 Like

1.00% AER a year, paid monthly!

4 Likes

Would love to know this too please

It will be 20 a year, paid monthly I.e. 20/12

1 Like

I’m considering it as the free cash deposit would be nice along with seeing my credit card and other accounts.

The interest too will reduce the fee slightly

1 Like

Just to note it’s AER - so 1% annually.

And if old Plus and Pots are anything to get by it will accrue daily but get paid into your account monthly

1 Like