Introducing Salary Sorter and Bills Pots šŸŽ‰

Funny thatā€™s exactly how my Sorting Pot came into being, I get paid a few days before my girlfriend and it bugged me having two different summary periods on my Personal and Joint Accounts so I delayed my pay day with a pot.

1 Like

Oh, I miss that show so much :heart:.

1 Like

I suggested this a few years ago, heh.

This would help in combining multiple different salary payments, multiple peopleā€™s salaries (joint account), and even just re-alinging to a natural monthly cycle if your work pays you on weird dates.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Does anyone know how long the salary sort option stays open when your salary comes in?

You get 72 hours

I believe it is 48 hours from the time the payment is received.
Totally reliant on memory for this oneā€¦

EDIT: @Revels is correct - it is 72 hours. My memory is :poo:

1 Like

Technically youā€™re not wrong. You do get 48 hours, you just get some more time too :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick responses guys! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you give me some more details on how you set this up to work as I think this could be a better process than I currently use so would like to streamline it all.

Sure, this is how I have done it. I get paid monthly on the 25th so all of my scheduled pot deposits and withdrawals are monthly too.

Create a Sorting Pot
Create a Bills Pot
Create a Subscriptions Pot
Create any Savings Pots youā€™d like
Create an Expense Pot
Create a Bonus Pot

Then set up 4 separate scheduled withdrawals from your Sorting Pot for the 1st of the month:
1 to cover the monthly amount needed in your Bills Pot
1 to cover your monthly Subscriptions
1 to cover the total amount going into your Savings Pots
1 to cover your monthly spending on your card

Then set up scheduled Pot deposits for your Bills, Subscriptions, and Savings Pots for the 1st of the month.

When pay day comes around the only thing thatā€™s left to do is use the Salary Sorter to sort your the salary part of the payment into the Sorting Pot and the expenses, and bonuses into their pots.
Bonus tip: Having a Virtual Card attached to the Expenses Pot for a more seemless experience.

Note: Depending on the order that monzo triggers the Pot withdrawals/deposits, the scheduled deposits might initially fail as the funds havenā€™t been withdrawn from the Sorting Pot yet, but they will automatically retry a few hours later again and itā€™s generally before Iā€™ve woken up and checked in on the app.

3 Likes

May be completely missing this here but how do I amend the Summary period to amend the Left to Spend by date in pots?

Iā€™ve amended it in my Trends tab but this doesnā€™t translate forward :man_shrugging:t3::sweat_smile:

Even when creating a new pot it only shows the 17th when ideally needs it to be around 30th for the full month kinda thing.

Go back to the main feed, tap on the pie chart at the top. Under summary at the top it says this period. Tap on that to change the date

2 Likes

Thank you!

Havenā€™t looked in there for ages, and didnā€™t even think :speak_no_evil: should be more obvious seeing as I pretty much use trends for everything now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This is new isnā€™t it? The amounts underneath? I like it!

6 Likes

Not sure if thatā€™s been on Android for a while (since Salary Sorter launched) - itā€™s one of those display features that currently looks ā€˜normalā€™ to me - as in, the SS screen looks the same as it always hasā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s one of those screens that I only see once a month but it felt different :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

I only noticed it for first when sorting wages this week, I really like it. On IOS