Introduce yourself 👋

Hi

3 Likes

Hello

1 Like

Hello everyone!

My name is Dav and I have banked with Monzo for around 2 years now.

I’ve worked here for about 6 months and I’ve been on the social media team for a short while too. Really looking forward to getting stuck into the forums here and learning some names and faces! :raised_hands:

Here’s a little bit about me:

I can usually be found playing Mario Kart 8 on my switch, and if anyone has any game suggestions I would love to hear them. Also if anyone fancies a race, I’m so down for that.

I just bought an Audi TT from '99 and I know nothing about cars, so if anyone here is into cars, please let me know so I can ask you for help should I ever break down :sweat_smile: I’d also be interested to see some other cars if anyone else here has a TT, or just anything else of interest!

I’ve been a drummer for about 3 years now, although I haven’t played at all recently. I just bought a saxophone too, but I have no idea how to play it. If anyone out there is into sax, again, please let me know so I can learn from you!

Thats all for now, thanks to everyone for reading!

5 Likes

Hello and welcome :wave:

I have Mario Kart for switch but I rarely get time to play it :cry:

I have an Audi A7, not as sporty as the TT but it still moves! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi everyone :wave:

I’ve been lurking the forums for over a year and have only just decided it’s probably best I actually make an account. I have just re-joined Monzo after switching away to another bank (what a big mistake that was) and I’m so glad to be back.

During the day I work for an IT support company as a web and digital designer. When I’m on my lunch break I tend to usually shoot for the Monzo forums before I check any other social media :see_no_evil:

Looking forward to getting involved in some topics! :eyes:

9 Likes

Hi @Eco & welcome :wave:

By now, your stealth-skills will have worked wonders - you’ll already know the helpful, friendly and different opinion-based voices here, which helps to make it massively entertaining and positive to be part of the :monzo: community :+1:

3 Likes

Hey people! I just joined to submit an idea of the ability to order payments that are coming in and out on the same day, now I just need to find out how to submit a post… o.o

HI Simon & welcome :wave:

You’ve managed to post a reply in a topic, now to go for the biggie - a topic!
Click/tap on the Monzo logo at the top-left of this page and you should see ‘+ New Topic’ at the top-right under your avatar image;

Click/tap on that to create & post a new topic.

2 Likes

If only the button would appear!

1 Like

Then it’ll likely be a trust level issue as you are a new user.
Have a read here and try to get to Level 1, then it may appear as if by magic!;

1 Like

Interesting:

Users at trust level 0 cannot

• Send personal messages to other users
  • “Reply as new topic” via Link button (UI removed)
  • Flag posts
  • Post more than 1 image
  • Post any attachments
  • Post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post
  • Have actual links in the ‘about me’ field of their profile (will be silently and temporarily converted to plain text)
  • Mention more than 2 users in a post
  • Post more than 3 topics
  • Post more than 10 replies
  • Edit their own posts after more than 24 hours

It says post more than 3 topics for trust level 0. Am I trust level -1? XD

Our Trust Levels differ slightly from the default ones so don’t take those exact figures as gospel! Welcome :blush:

2 Likes

I also recall a new user recently reporting the same, or similar, thing and without doing too much, the ‘+ New Topic’ button appeared without prompting.

Greetings all - a quick note to say hello. I’m a new applicant for a Monday card.

I spend most of my working life abroad; Mexico, SA, Europe, the UAE and more recently in northern Iraq - wherever the clients need me to be.

The rest of my working year is spent drumming up new excuses to travel…

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community @WRG :tada:
I’d love to travel alot more than I have, most recent for me was a month in Australia :slight_smile:
Most of the UAE I’ve seen is inside Dubai Airport haha!

Welcome and enjoy your Monday card :wink:

Out of interest, what is it that you do for a living? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im Keith, im a taxi driver in Aberdeen Scotland and i have been using Monzo since Jan 2019 and i absolutely love the way i can control my spending etc …But most of all i love creating pots to put my money in …I used to have glass jars in my kitchen cupboards with labels on them, but Monzo has done away with me having to do that now …Love the App …:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey! I am also working in AML but from a ‘RegTech’ perspective. Just joined the Monzo community!

2 Likes

What exactly are you working on?

I think when the username is ‘anon’ followed by loads of numbers that means they’ve deleted their account. So sadly you’re not going to get a reply :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes