✅ Integration with Amex

Thanks so much @o99 - Emma seems awesome but I’m not comfortable trusting those guys with so much of my data and there is also the ‘upgrade to premium’ bit - another subscription - I’ll just stick to my old-school boring app a bit longer I think :thinking:

1 Like

Fair enough. For what it’s worth I use the free version of Emma and don’t feel the need to upgrade to the Pro version, but it seems like that’s not your primary concern.

In case you’re interested in an account aggregator from a more established company, note that Yolt is made by ING Bank. If Emma didn’t exist, Yolt is probably the one I would use.

2 Likes

Any news on this @kieranmch? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Latest update from today is as follows:

and also this from @JustJordds

2 Likes

Thanks!

Would LOVE this feature. Would make Monzo perfect for me if I could integrate my Amex, maybe even see my points total and pay off my Amex quickly…

Any update on when this could happen??

Hi Max,

Monzo use TrueLayer to enable the integration (and this is what is used to allow Barclays in Monzo Labs testing) however, TrueLayer have some issues with AMEX so it is unlikely we will see AMEX in Monzo until AMEX release their API (sometime in September I believe). Most of the information and discussion is here: Monzo Labs: Connected Credit Cards

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply Jordan.

Although September isn’t too far off, you know how impatient us users are :joy::blush:

1 Like

Any word on this yet? I’ve checked the ‘Add credit Card’ bit of the app but it doesn’t contain Amex?

Yes he has stated a few times in this topic and others too.

All you have to do is look 4 posts up from the one you’ve just written and you’ll see if repeated again :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Would really like to see AMEX added to Monzo eventually, would be great!

1 Like

Will be by September

3 Likes

Will hopefully be able to start work on it by September…

4 Likes

ill aim for 2020 then :rofl:

2 Likes

It will be good to see if monzo get amex integration soon, currently I use monzo and amex as my main cards. With the apple credit card coming soon, that could draw me away as it contains a lot of monzo features coupled with a cash back credit card.

1 Like

Apple credit card only for USA at the moment. No imminent release to UK or Europe yet.

2 Likes

And I imagine the capped interchange fees here would make it a much less generous offering in any case

4 Likes

You could be right, but it if offers more or at least the same as Amex combined with the Apple copied Monzo features its a no brainer to switch. Lets hope Monzo get these linked together soon :slight_smile:

Not sure what you’re responding to here

The comment above