You can now add Amex to Monzo, with Monzo Plus

:tada: You can now add Amex to Monzo, with Monzo Plus

:wave: Hey everyone. Very happy to let you know that you can now add your Amex to Monzo Plus, and see your balance and transactions in the app! We know that’s something lots of you were keen for, so thanks for your feedback and helping us make Monzo Plus even better.

Read more in the blogpost:

53 Likes

Ooh! :+1:

Will it include pending transactions?

It does!

14 Likes

By pure chance, enabling this was the 60000th change in Monzo’s backend :star_struck:

23 Likes

Why does that sound rude? :rofl:

5 Likes

Great stuff, added my two AMEX cards successfully, great work Monzo!

9 Likes

Just added mine. Brilliant to finally get this!

4 Likes

It’s unfortunately not working for me.

I click from Monzo to add the card, then it loads the amex app to authenticate.

Once that’s done, it loads this blank webpage, and going back on Monzo, it hasn’t been added.

I’ve retried a couple of times.

Oooooh, now I might have to give Plus a try! Great to see some development and new features for Plus

5 Likes

This is a great addition and will help lots of people I’m sure…

Do you have any updates on any others such as Tesco Bank etc… :slight_smile:

Just set mine up. I now officially only need the monzo app

3 Likes

It’s unfortunately not working for me.

I click from Monzo to add the card, then it loads the amex app to authenticate.

Once that’s done, it loads this blank webpage, and going back on Monzo, it hasn’t been added.

I’ve retried a couple of times.

Can you try uninstalling the amex app and see if it makes a difference?

1 Like

Hi Guys, I think this is broken.

I’ve just added my AMEX and it is telling me I apparently owe AMEX a LOT of money.

Must be a bug.

15 Likes

A welcome addition, and super smooth integration (as it was with other bank cards).

This is what I mean about Plus being a product of iteration. What’s next?

This is great. Can now see all my accounts in Monzo.

Wish list now:

1. Allow integrated pot sorting/moving based on the balance received from credit card providers. Grab the figure every time it’s refreshed and ensure balance in nominated pot matches by adding from my main account.

2. Master feed of all transactions across accounts, with rich transactions and categorisation and budgeting for all etc.

3. Unsure if this is possible at all, but let me easily pay off from within the app? Quick creation of payment with correct amount perhaps, and credit card saved as a contact maybe?

8 Likes

Hi Guys, I think this is broken.

I’ve just added my AMEX and it is telling me I apparently owe AMEX a LOT of money.

Must be a bug.

Are you a supplementary account holder? If so, you will see the full balance on the account, not just your card.

2 Likes

Since this is the only connected card I actually care about seieng - I am super glad it’s here :confetti_ball: Thanks team!

I will add in a polite request about the “card carousel” behaviour though - I’d prefer it if the ‘tap home button’ behaviour still only cycled through my Monzo accounts. Maybe a toggle is the answer?!

5 Likes

This would be the killer feature for me, add this and you would have a Plus subscriber for life.

7 Likes

Sorry I was doing a small joke about how much I spend on my credit card. It works, sadly in my case, as accurately as you would expect. (Which is totally accurately)

:money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings:

27 Likes

Thanks that fixed it :+1:.

2 Likes