In App Help Live Chat

Recently I needed to contact Monzo due to buying an item from a website which unfortunately was a scam website. Luckily it was only £20 I spent but I can imagine other people have spent a lot more. (This website is actually listed as a Google Ad, and still is )
Anyway that was the reason for me to contact Monzo, but as part of the “chargeback” procedure it is a requirement you wait 14 days in order to give the retailer time to refund you. I’m fine with that, altho I know I won’t hear anything from this “company”.
Obviously as Monzo is internet based it’s not a case of just picking the phone up & calling them (like the usual high street banks) you basically use the online chat facility, which is fine. The CS guys have been quick to respond & very helpful after I provided all the necessary info & sending proofs of me requesting a refund.
I need to get back to them after the 14 days but I notice within my live chat no dates are attached to conversations ? Just the actual time?
Is there a way to see the actual date & time of the actual chats, or am I missing something hidden here? Thanks in advance

The date and time should be under each message. At least on iOS. Not sure if it’s different on Android.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your scam. These things happen, I guess. I don’t know the answer to your query, but you can call Monzo. The number’s on the back of your card. Obviously it’s better to have some record of your conversations, so you can email help@monzo.com too. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you I didn’t realise about the telephone number, helpful to know :+1:
I’ve actually reinstalled the app & now the date & time appears army the start of each conversation, so obviously a glitch on my phone me thinks.
Thanks guys, one thing is for sure I’ll be researching websites promoted by a Google Ads in future before I buy. I guess I assumed (wrongly) any website who advertises via Google are legitimate. Unfortunately I checked after ordering & they are well known as a scam on review websites. Anyway thanks again :blush:

2 Likes

Nope anyone can use google adwords and buy space never assume it’s legit just because it’s paid for!

US ESTA used to be really bad for fake sites which charged a fortune to do something you can do yourself and they all used to pay for ad space to get above the official site. That one got clamped down on a couple of years ago

Thought I’d update on this with regards to chargeback in these circumstances. It took just under 3 months but all the money was refunded. The 3 months seems to be a MasterCard thing, my regular bank refunds virtually instantly but states if you lose the chargeback case any money paid will be taken back. Anyway thought I’d update incase similar happens to someone else :+1:

2 Likes

Hello I have a problem, a big one, I actually can’t take money out from the cash point and also I can’t make any transfer, could anyone’s help me PLEASE?:heart:

You’ll need to contact in app chat as they are the only ones who can see what’s going on with your account

Or use the number on the back of the card?

1 Like