Improved payee management

We explored the entire problem space when looking at this project. So there’s really nice design explorations of what we’d like the Payees experience to be like. But right now my team was just picking up Adding new Payees as a first step, and won’t continue working on this. So don’t expect a new stream of Payee updates. The suggestions mentioned here (changing names etc) have already been scoped out and are on a future improvements list.

18 Likes

Thanks for giving us an idea of what’s on the road map and managing expectations on this topic @bruno :grinning: :raised_hands:

1 Like

‘Add a new Payee’ is now gone from labs but is still active in the app - that was quick! :racing_car:

2 Likes

Some last user testing before launching.

Seems to be one geared at business accounts hence why it got pushed into the spotlight and developed

4 Likes

Yeah, it looks that way - aimed at Business Accounts - I missed the earlier @MonzoBusiness tweet “New to Monzo Business: set up your payees ahead of time (not just when you’re making a payment) :tada:

Can’t complain - it also works on Personal & Joint accounts too! :smiley:

4 Likes

I, for one, welcome our new business account overlords, if it drives some more public facing development across the board

Our teal friends certainly made no bones about spending their business grant on features that all too quickly ended up on personal accounts

4 Likes

Correct.

5 Likes

What space or item will you be locking in on next @bruno :eyes:

1 Like

The problems is that for friends with a Monzo accounts, you still need to pay them before adding their accounts to that contact. Otherwise, you’ll forever have 2 contacts for the same person

2 Likes

Not if youre on android? Its possible to merge payees on android but not ios :-1:

1 Like

Android and iOS update gap :pensive:

Even on Android, you have to pay someone on Monzo to add other accounts to their Monzo payee

I’m working in Business Banking :briefcase: :smile:
Spoiler: working on to bring Invoices to the web app, and rebuilding invoices on mobile.

4 Likes

Yeah this sucks. I wish we treated Monzo-to-Monzo payees (P2P) the same as their Monzo-to-Bank (FPS) payees. Basically if you add someone’s account details and they’re on Monzo we should just show the friendlier P2P version (show profile picture, name, and hide account number).

There’s some privacy issues with this that’s why it’s not been done before.

6 Likes

Is there any update on adding payee pictures???

6 Likes

Any updates on Payee Pictures yet Monzo?

2 Likes

:monzo: - this is clearly a desired feature. Please give some indication whether or not you intend to develop this part of the service.

I wonder if its worth ending this thread (or converting from an ideas thread to a general thread) in favour of separate ideas threads with more specific ideas relating to payee management, such as add “payee pictures”.

“Improved payee management” is a bit nebulous, and there have been improvements to payee management since the thread started.

7 Likes

I agree - especially since all expect ‘add photo to payee’ have been implemented and ‘add photo to payee’ already has its own thread:

1 Like

No objections and a few likes.
@AlanDoe any thoughts?

2 Likes