Identity verification does not successfully start up my camera

When trying to do identity verification to unblock my pin I’m presented with just the blue background where the camera is meant to have loaded. Im using a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact updated to the latest version of the app

1 Like

Can you try reinstalling the app?

Hi Fraser & welcome :wave:

Can you run through the steps detailed in the post below and let us know how you get on?;

Check Monzo has camera permissions in your phone’s settings app.

2 Likes

My girlfriend had this problem too, also with an Xperia phone but a different model.

None of the above worked, the app had the camera permissions. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that hasn’t worked.

Contact monzo using the in app chat ,

And they can report this bug to the relevant team.

I would suggest logging in on a new phone to do the identity verification and then you can log back in to your current phone, that would be the quickest option as debugging and rolling out a fix can take a few days.

Yeah I can’t do that either annoyingly. When I click to do that it shows the chat for less than a second before bringing the previous menu to the front. This is the one problem with having everything run through an app…
Will see if I can borrow someone else’s phone for a bit

1 Like

Has any got this resolved? I had no issue on my Xperia XZ1 but it got smashed up in an assault and I now have an Xperia 10 V. It’s fully up to date. All permissions granted. Have followed all the uninstall reinstall instructions but I still have a camera error in the app. I need to access my money today so I’m panicking

1 Like

That’s odd, does the camera work elsewhere? it uses the front camera

Keep in mind, how it works on Android is there isn’t direct camera access, but it simply takes a screenshot of the camera’s viewfinder

Yes the camera is fine. Works in every other app I’ve tried except for Monzo. Getting a bit panicked as used the online chat at 9am and I still have no answer. Emailed them too with nothing - I need money!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Money should still be on your card. Although I understand the frustration when you can’t see it. Do you have another device to test with? Just to see if we can get you back in to your account

A laptop with a webcam and android emulator does work because I have done it in the past

I might be able to get the app on my notebook, but I do need it to work on my phone. I don’t use my account as a current account unless I’m abroad - I keep my monthly allowance in there to transfer to my other bank for standard bills. There’s never more than a tenner in the current account unless I’m going away

1 Like

Ah, okay. If the notebook option doesn’t work you may need to borrow a friends or family members phone if possible as I am out of idea’s to get in now if the phone camera is not working in the monzo app for some reason. I am not staff for Monzo, I’ll try ping some here though @TomMills @_Tom @SouthseaOne

1 Like

Hey There!

So sorry to hear about whats going on, if youve enabled all your permissions already and youre still having issues please give us a call so we can escalate this to the right team to identify how we can further help!

They will be the best suited for this as they may be able to identify id theres something on the app blocking you that isnt visually obvious

Tom, I tried ringing but theres no option for this and it just kept hanging up on me. Opened a chat at 9.15 this morning and not had a reply. Emailed later this morning and not had a response to that either

How have you got chat if you can’t log in?

A very kind tag, but defo not working for Monzo, however much I would like that :smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey @NiciP

If your option isn’t listen just pick something relating to your personal account and it should put you through to someone. Unfortunately there isn’t a lot we can do from this forum sadly :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I can log in but I can’t access any money until my id is verified.