How are you “winning” this month?

Hey all! I’m back from holiday - you might have noticed I was pretty quiet for the last week! :shushing_face:

I wasn’t on a tropical island - last week the photography exhibit I co-produced launched at the Herrick Gallery in Mayfair. It’s a collaboration with one of Prince’s photographers and so we had a whole week of launch events - a media/VIP launch with people from Cosmo, Vogue, and quite a few famous UK soul artists, many of whom worked with Prince. Then we had a few days of Q&A sessions for fans that were sold out. If any of you happen to live/work near Mayfair, the gallery is right by Green Park station and the exhibit is on until the 9th.
To top it off, I got interviewed for The New York Times as well last week so that’s one off the old bucket list!

I think that’s more than enough excitement for both Feb and March so now it’s my first day back at work and I’m going to get my head down and crack on. I managed to barely look at Slack all week so now I’ve got to spend a few hours trying to catch up on all the millions of things that happened here. Seriously, a week away from this place feels like a year in "regular’ time.

So, what’s everyone been up to? What are your plans for March? Anything exciting coming up?

6 Likes

Sounds great- congratulations on it all!

Nothing too exciting, apart from the London Coffee Festival at the end of the month. Looking forward to that!

1 Like

What does a coffee festival involve? I am intrigued…

1 Like

Around 250 roasters, shops, baristas, machines and food stalls! Cocktails and artwork too. Website here! Really enjoyed it last year - although rolled back on the caffiene when I could actaully feel my heart rate increasing…

2 Likes

March:
Law essay due :sob:
Tattoo on the 20th :hot_coral_heart:
Looking forward to April mostly :joy:

1 Like

Ooh. What’s the design?

1 Like

A hamster leg piece pic: Call for Pet Pictures. I just got my snake done recently. Mostly done my leg up to my knee now.

1 Like

Training for the three peaks challenge so very busy doing that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s like… climbing three mountains in 24 hours right? :mountain:

That is incredible - good luck!

Yes it is @simonb all in aid of charity so it is very worth it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I received a job offer today for an organisation I’ve been studying over the past 10 years to work towards. #winning

11 Likes

Dude! Congratulations! :raised_hands:t4:

That must be an incredible feeling.

3 Likes

Thanks Simon!

Now I’m within the organisation, I’m hoping to be able to easily work towards the role I really want to do, which I’ve yet to figure out. I’ve also crossed three items off my bucket list so far and I’m aiming to get two more checked off by the end of this year.

3 Likes

I finally made the decision to change career paths as I really dislike the job I am in at the moment. Got I touch with some potential employers and people in my network and have a few interviews lined up. I feel like I am now in control of my life.

4 Likes

I got a birthday card with cash in it :+1: :pound: can’t remember the last time anyone did that for me. Hotel Chocolat here I come :yum:

3 Likes

My brother and sister have made amends after years of not talking to one another and the 3 of us are taking my mum out to dinner for her birthday this month without her knowing :smiley:

She’s going to love it!

6 Likes

I’m off to Australia on the 18th for a month for my best friends wedding! :smile:

5 Likes

Oh wow. That will be a lovely moment for her.

1 Like

Amazing! Whereabouts in Aus?

I’m winning by not betting aha!

Seems like you’ve had a pretty epic few weeks, especially the gallery & NY times. Glad they went well !

5 Likes