The Holiday thread 🛫

It’s summer and it’s time for some people to head abroad or find an excellent staycation location. We appreciate it’s not the easiest time to get away.

Creating a thread for everyone to share their plans if they have any and for people to share some pics of where they’ve ended up on their trip.

Quite a few of you got your hands on the neon cards so let’s see them out in the wild :eyes: :sunshine: :juicy: :disco:

4 Likes

I’ll start with this “pokey hat” from Oban during the ridiculous sunshine that we’ve been getting up in Scotland

6 Likes

I went to Spain in June, best to go when it’s quiet

2 Likes

I’m setting off on holiday in an hour so I will get some pictures of my neon card in the wild!

5 Likes

Going to wait for the airports to calm down before we fly anywhere. Bristol is our first choice and whilst ground services there are not currently terrible the thought of EasyJet cancelling our return is a nightmare. Staycation for us when the time comes. R-

1 Like

Visited Blackpool last week with the fam. Here’s us enjoying some fish and chips in nearby Fleetwood (after whizzing up the coast on some electric bikes)

And was delighted to find a stocked bar at the top of Blackpool Tower :point_down:

I’m not the best with heights so it was much-needed!

9 Likes

Where are the peas, curry or gravy :open_mouth:

Gravy/curry > peas :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

New Forest in a couple of weeks, and of course we need a soundtrack for it!

1 Like

Atomium escalator, Brussels

Red Arrows, Weston-super-Mare

4 Likes

Presently in Ljubljana enjoying a cold beer and a yello card

Somehow have a sideways photo and can’t seem to un sideways it

5 Likes

Are you drunk Ben?

3 Likes

Went to Budapest in May for a long weekend and a week in Croatia in June.

Planning 10 days around Germany and Netherlands in the last two weeks of August, to take advantage of the €9 train ticket in Germany.

September will be a great trip starting in Bucharest, then travelling around Bulgaria for a few days, then getting the train from Sofia to Istanbul, before returning to the UK.

Then finally December will be Barcelona or Malta (not decided yet), Athens, and hoping to get a few days in Belgium before Christmas.

2022 is the year I catch up on my travels!

5 Likes

After doing Manchester, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Munich and LA via work in the the last couple of months (I secretly showed a collegue the neon cards before their official launch while at a bar in CDG :imp:), I’ve got some downtime before me & the fam hit Portugal & the Canaries mid-August for a 12-night bender. No need for the :monzo: cards though, it’s an all-inclusive :passenger_ship:

I feel like I should take & post photos regardless - #TeamYello support :sunshine: :muscle:

2 Likes

The legendary Blackpool Tower glass floor. Only for real peeps who aren’t scared of heights/free-fall/death. Notice how my feet are not exactly on the see-through bits…

10 Likes

Lithuania :lithuania:, a few days ago :blush:

8 Likes

I went to the Uist and Barra in the Outer Hebrides last month (in the pic) for a few night, so lucky with the weather. Dominican Republic at the end of next month for 2 weeks.

9 Likes

Wow. Amazing pics :camera: :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks! Had great fun with the camera up there :camera_flash:

2 Likes