What cool things have you done recently?

As we grow as a community, I’m really interested to know what everyone does outside of work etc. We are such a diverse bunch of people with one specific common interest! I like to learn about the things people do for fun or on the side.

I’ll start! So earlier tonight I DJ’d at an Art Gallery! Not the usual place to do a DJ set, but it was a very important occasion. As most of you know, I’m a huge Prince fan. Well, his former personal photographer Steve Parke who worked with him for 13 years just launched an exhibit of many of his photos at a gallery in central London. I was asked to DJ at the launch event which also included a Q&A session with Steve… an amazing honor! It was pretty trippy as there was a giant photograph of Prince right by where I was DJing so it kinda felt like he was watching me! Had a fantastic time and spun some psychedelic purple funk and hung out with lots of fellow fans… many of whom have Monzo cards too :sunglasses:

What have you guys been up to recently?

10 Likes

Thanks for the invite mate… :expressionless:

8 Likes

I work in a consultancy firm helping SMEs with company launch and structure, M&As and restructuring, etc but in last year or two all our work has been on the technicalities of Brexit relocation for firms such as sourcing new premises and arranging removals and property rental for affected staff.

The cool thing I did recently was waterskiing in jellyfish infested waters despite an inability to swim and a fear of drowing/sharks/whales…conquer your fears and all that!

EDIT correction of spelling (back to skool for me!)

1 Like

I work in insurance in IT (neither of which are cool…just nerdy) but I did cool stuff recently on holiday including falconry and archery.

1 Like

That sounds intense… Where was this?

I’m pretty good in the water but jellyfish scare me!

on Portugese coastline and some of the jellyfish were really pretty with colours in (maybe that is the poison in them ha ha)

2 Likes

I’m running a big event in January (http://royalhackaway.xyz) so am liasing with lots of people and writing lots of documentation so that we can make it as awesome as possible :slight_smile:

Hopefully I’ll be able to say “I’ve done a cool thing” in January!

2 Likes

Good luck…PS nice looking site

2 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t make it but I will pass on the compliments :slight_smile:

wedding

Married a fello Monzonaut in :it: :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Just before I joined I jumped off a building and into canyon…

I was afraid of heights.

Was.

6 Likes

Just when I was about to say this thread is becoming dangerously close to a dating app…

:bell: :wedding:

My day job is some dull IT in legal publishing, and my hobby is some less dull town planning :grin:

I’m 5’11", middle aged and can usually acomm. :no_entry_sign: :monzo: = :no_entry_sign: chat. Don’t ask how big my bank balance is, it what I do with it that matters.

3 Likes

I travelled around Europe for a month (thank you, Monzo! Would never have done that so easily) and I’ll have visited 11 different countries in this year after my trip to Korea in December.

I tried meeting a random stranger off Couchsurfing to hang about Paris that didn’t go so well (got stalked back to my hostel too so it was a fun few days there), but had a much better time in Croatia and flew to stay with one of the friends I made there, in Amsterdam!

I’m normally someone who stays in bed with a cup of tea and a good book and a lazy person in general so travelling has honestly made me put myself out there a lot more. Back to the sedentary life for me soon :sleeping:

5 Likes

I went on a trip to japan for work…

As well as making trains, the company I work for make express elevators and they have this (earthquake proof) test facility at their factory.

IMG_0488

The remote for the toilet is totally true as well. From my hotel room…

IMG_0465

5 Likes

I think this wins the thread.

Congratulations :tada::confetti_ball::balloon::champagne:

3 Likes

A few things recently…

1. Went swimming with dolphins in Mauritius
  2. Made by first app… https://getsl.ink
  3. Found out my wife and I are expecting identical twins
4 Likes

Thanks, we are adding to three we already have… :flushed: