HELP: cancel card / new one

Hi there, I lost my card and my phone, how do I both a) cancel / block my card and b) order a new one? Can someone advise please. Thanks in advance, Andy

Help@monzo.com ?

Number on the back of the card is 0800 8021 456 for customer services.

2 Likes

May be worth calling them if you’ve lost both. could be slightly quicker than email. I’d say it’s an emergency if it’s lost and you’re unable to block it. 0800 802 1281

2 Likes

That is strange because on my card the number is 0800 8021 281. Same as @Jackcrwhitney.

2 Likes

Hi Andy - in the in app chat - which you obvs don’t have access to anymore this is the advice -

IMG_3088

IMG_3086

sorry there are so many numbers on offer to call , but this number is the one offered in the app ???

1 Like

Why are there so many numbers :no_mouth: I’m sure they all redirect to help but it’s sort of unprofessional looking especially in this case.

4 Likes

the contact number seems to be different on different issue of cards

on my current account debit card it is 0800 8021 281 and +44 20 3872 0620

on my current account test card and previous Mondo cards it was 0800 8021 456

I presume they all forward to the same place anyway - but agree it should be a consistent number (which it seems to be on the “new” cards and in the app )

@Dunsford did you get the number from the back of your card or is it advertised on Monzo somewhere ?

2 Likes

Totally agree, I don’t really see the need for the 0800 and +44 number surely just the +44 number should suffice?

1 Like

presumably you cant access an 0800 number abroad ???

5 Likes

Correct, but why have the 0800 in the first place as you can call +44 within the uk which would just be 020 3872 0620 as you replace the +44 with a 0. The only difference I can see is that 0800 is free to call whereas 02 would be classed as a local landline call which is included in any contract mins / bundles.

3 Likes

I got through on the phone number and everything is sorted. Thanks for all your help. The two numbers do direct to the same place

5 Likes

glad you got it sorted despite us all then going off on a tangent about telephone numbers :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Same here, unable to check Mondo card as not home

2 Likes

does your apple pay give you the number to contact Monzo :slight_smile:

:wink:

It does indeed :smiley:

IMG_1779

1 Like

A little tidy up exercise needs to go on with these numbers by the looks of things. Different numbers in different places currently.

1 Like

Same for me. Weirdly Google Pay has 0800 number in international format :grinning:

2 Likes

@anon95680666 Yes, back of the card - it’s an original that hasn’t been replaced since upgrading to the Current Account. Didn’t realise the newer cards had different numbers (and yes it’s the same as the old prepaid card)

1 Like

Just out of interest, what’s the phone experience like? Straight through to a human or any voicemail / press 1 for eternal despair?

I had the number saved into my phone book and once I accidentally dialled it. It must’ve only been ringing for a few seconds, I hung up before anyone answered. To my surprise a few hours later a Monzo staff member called back to check everything was okay because they noticed I’d rang.

Seems like a good service to me👍🏼

4 Likes