Card stolen

Hi

my card got stolen in south america incl my phone. How can i block the card ?

thanks

rody

You can contact the support team by emailing help@monzo.com or call 0800 8021 456.

or tweet direct to @monzo

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that, Rody :frowning: I’ve passed this on to our support team who will be in touch via email ASAP.

4 Likes

Hi Rody, I have sent you an email :slight_smile:

0800 doesnt work from overseas…

2 Likes

This subject was raised by you before in a previous post

so hopefully Monzo will give some thought to PhatPheddy’s suggestion of adding a UK landline instead of trying to call +44800

Alternatively you could have a 00800 number instead of an 0800 number (an International Freefone number instead of a UK Freefone numver) or have a UK 03xx code number.

Both +800 and +443xx are connectable from all countries in theory, but I would opt for +443xx as a safer bet as some countries seemed slow in connecting to international Freefone +800 but all will connect to +443xx and when dialed from within the UK 03xx is often included in call allowances on certain networks.

2 Likes

Is there any update on the no to call from abroad to report a lost card please? I haven’t lost mine, but like to keep a no handy just in case…

Is the 0800 8021 456 number on the back of the card no use for this?

from most countries it is impossible to dial +44800 freephone numbers or +449xxx premium numbers but +443xxx works OK and +44845 sometimes works

Hi and thanks for your reply… I’m not sure, there was a comment in the thread to say 0800 nos don’t work from abroad… Is that right? If they don’t we need a no which does work from abroad. My other banks have a UK 0800 no and a different no starting +44

Cheers,

Cathy

Even 00800 international freefone may not be accessible from all countries or network providers

I think it is best to have a geographical number e.g. +44203 for customers calling from abroad

As a possible temporary workaround for some (can also be used for anyone that still gets charged for calling 0800 from mobiles). There are services that offer you a UK landline number and transfer you to the 0800 numbers.

If you phone +44(0)1249200800 wait until you hear a voice prompt you to enter the number you want to phone and press the #. and you do so, then you will be connected to that number.

You can also directly bypass that voice and second dialing by saving Monzo’s 0800 number as +441249200800p08008021456# should work from abroad!!

Edit: I can’t remember who gave me the number or who provides the service, but it works. I think they are 0800 buster (https://www.0800buster.co.uk/) alt number 0333 555 880000
Edit2: You will obviously be charge whatever you would be charged calling an English landline.

2 Likes

FYI Monzo shared the number to call from abroad today here -