Gotta catch 'em all — The Monzo Current Account Preview testing challenge 🏆

My EE direct debit went out fine:

IMG_0400

EDIT: Ignore me, I have the older debit card! doh

Monzo new debit card, Morrisons pay@pump is a no go :frowning:

IMG_20170816_124739

1 Like

Just tried my card on a DB ICE train in Germany. Doesn’t work with their onboard ordering.

Considering DB own arriva & XC trains (and presumably use the same system) does that count for the T-shirt? :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought this thread was about the businesses listed in the original post? All other direct debit/website card issues with the current account should be logged here:

4 Likes

I think this is a third category possibly in need of its own thread?

Sort code/BIN
specific catch’em all list (new card type only?)
General card payment issues chip’n’pin/contactless (both old and new debit cards?)

@alexs it may be best to have a locked thread with links to the above and other useful threads?

1 Like

BC18109F-1E1A-4222-8E3E-F76E35AAAB06

Just tried paying EE by debit card and it failed.

You are likely to get hit with a non DD fee with EE if you make a debit card payment, just so you are aware.

I have a DD in place already. Was making an additional payment before the DD kicked in.

Speaking of which the direct debit set up failed online. Will add to the other thread.

I don’t think it matters. Any non direct debit payment will add a fee I think. They’ll also still take the full amount if you pay between the bill being generated and the DD being taken.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Wonder if :monzo: are willing to refund any fee applied for the betterment of the company? :thinking:

How about instead of posting that they still don’t work, everyone gives them massive headaches until they fix it?

It has been a fight to get National Lottery to even look into the matter - they’re worse than an incumbent bank! Need to know all your account details and go into your account before they can ask themselves why they don’t accept monzo! So dumb. After days of emails back and forth their tech team are investigating.

1 Like

I did phone tesco bank yesterday and they are looking into it! I guess it’s not the typical customer request.

Anyone can edit @alexs 's thread that I linked above and it asks for:

• Direct Debits not working;
  • Monzo’s BIN (the 6 digit number at the beginning of your card (535522)) not working as a payment and;
  • Banks who don’t allowing Monzo as a payee.

Those will be the same on both the new and old version of the debit card as I’m guessing the change in the new card is all to do with the chip.

Maybe a fourth option of outlets which don’t accept Monzo (noting new card or old debit card version) could be an option @alexs ?

3 Likes

I’ll catch up with all the reports later today/tomorrow! But we have a new test request for withdrawing cash at the Post Office (over the counter) :slight_smile: I’ll add it to the top list now

3 Likes

@BrittonJ — Uber — working (but ugly)
@adambowles — Superdrug Contactless — working
@tomw — Costco Pay at Pump — not working
@Jkb114— Sky Bet — not working
@chistery — Tesco Bank — not working
@thejayo — National Lottery — not working
@top_cat — Paddy Power & Stan James — not working
@Frankiejr — EE — not working

If you’re tagged, please drop me an email at tristan@monzo.com with your t-shirt request from monzo.com/shop (I’ll wait until we’ve got a bunch and then send them all out together :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Does this mean the intention for the current accounts is that we will be able to use the Post Office to withdraw cash? If so, great news! :tada: Would be good to know what the cost implication is for :monzo:, though, as I do try to use the lowest-cost option if withdrawing cash (my understanding is that bank ATMs are cheaper than third-party, e.g. CashZone, ones).

1 Like

// Minor tangent

I work for one of the big four supermarkets and was fascinated to find out the difference between costs and commissions for various forms of cash withdrawal, having never even occurred to me that they’d be rated differently. The logic that restricting cash-back amounts at the tills and preventing self-checkouts from issuing it increases the amount of revenue we get through our cashpoints.

6 Likes

@tristan another no go, post office cash from counter didn’t work :slight_smile:

Tried the terminal and they swiped it behind the counter, neither were successful

IMG_20170817_124530

2 Likes

@nexusmaniac Are you sure you’ve got a new new new Monzo card (with your name on it or the word Monzo Bank)? (See original post)

1 Like