Gotta catch 'em all — The Monzo Current Account Preview testing challenge 🏆

Success with a vending machine. Paid with contactless. v2 card.

IMG_0353

Vending machine was in Cabot Circus car park in Bristol

It’s taking some time, maybe you are on a blacklist as I’m sure I have seen you post a few times that you meet all the criteria :joy:

2 Likes

T-shirt arrived, thanks @tristan!

Congratulations :tada: - @tristan When will you be validating others payments who have contributed to the list and are good to email you (I contributed West Quay multi-storey car park)? Thanks!

1 Like

So my T-shirt arrived which is great thank you. However it’s labelled as a medium and fits like an extra small :man_shrugging:t2:

At first I thought it was possibly the women’s version :joy: but the neckline is different on those. Any chance of another @tristan ? Happy to send this one back if needed but it’s definitely not Medium :thinking:

I got my debit card today so I thought I’d try and validate the post office withdrawal. It said that my card wasn’t accepted but nothing came up on the app for it.
I did take a picture… you can see part of my name on the card so you know it’s a debit card, not prepaid… although you can’t see it was a post office terminal
FullSizeRender (10)

I was unaware that Monzo had entered into a contract with the Post Office yet. Not having paid for a contract with them you would be unable to use their banking services at their counter, though like any debit card you can still use for purchase of services like stamps etc

Doesn’t look like it’s full on banking? Just the ability to do what is essentially cashback but without a purchase :slight_smile:

3 Likes

thanks. been busy the last few days and not spotted that one

1 Like

I have just tried at Post Office counter with my CA Preview’s 2nd Gen Debit card 5355 22XX XXXX XXXX (EXP 07/20 Showing “allpayMONZDC01-ICA17704-02/17” above magstripe)

Card declined in Post Office ePOS terminal with message: NOT ACCEPTED

So uhh, good news!

CostCo Gateshead at least have updated their BIN tables.

6 Likes

My t-shirt fits perfectly - thanks @tristan. I have updated my profile photo with proof :grinning:

2 Likes

The shirts run small, so get a size larger than you think you need!

1 Like

Is there anything left to test? I got my card yesterday and would be happy to do some spending :grin:

TD Waterhouse wouldn’t accept my payment from my current account this morning

Cathy

Could you please add them to this Wiki, to give other users a heads up?

It’s much easier for users who’re thinking about joining the preview or checking on the status of an particular merchant, to skim through that list, rather than searching the site :raised_hands:

1 Like

Screenshot_20170913-135622Screenshot_20170913-135607

Vending machine and Car park

Also works fine on the m6 toll contactless which is lucky as I didn’t have any other card on me at the time Screenshot_20170913-135918

1 Like

Unable to do a bank transfer from Barclays Bank

earlier I had a text from Monzo saying there were currently issues with paynents…perhaps that explains Monzo returning that error message to your bank?