Got a card already, do I have to wait?

(Alex Alexiev) #1

Hi, I got a prepaid Monzo card already as I attended a Monzo event.
I installed the app but it says I’m in the queue - as I already have a card, do I need to queue? I swear some of my colleagues registered it a few minutes after the talk finished!

(Alex Sherwood) #2

I’ve just DM’d you to explain how to get set up now (I’m not sure whether the next steps are meant to be shared or not, in this scenario - I’m assuming there’s a reason why there isn’t just a button on the queuing page).

(Josh Bray) #3

I don’t think it would hurt to share. It doesn’t mean that people can get access quicker thab normal.

(Alex Sherwood) #4

I agree, I also realised after I posted that comment that I know the steps for iOS users but I’m not sure that they’re the same for Android so hopefully @tristan can confirm what they are?

(Josh Bray) #5

I know the steps on android. Well if they haven’t changed since august.
You need to tap on the little android guy 5 times then hold for a few seconds. It will then prompt you to enter the card details to activate.

(Tristan Thomas) #6

Yup, same steps as iOS now :slight_smile:

(Josh Bray) #7

I’m guessing it’s changed from when I did it?

(Alex Alexiev) #8

Umm, can you please share the iOS steps then?

this was already answered above

You need to tap on the screen 5 times then hold for a few seconds. It will then prompt you to enter the card details to activate.

(Alex Alexiev) #11

this is exaclty what i tried - but it doesn’t work. I tried tapping quicker/slower, 5 times and holding, or 5 times and than a 6th longer time, tapping on the person and around him (there are 2 people on the bench, i tried both).

Any advice?

This is an Android 6.0.1 Nexus 5 device.