Google Sheets Export - Improvements/Fixes Please

My love of this feature is no secret. It’s the No1 reason I subscribe to Plus. I have my own dashboard, I made a template for others to use and it’s given me a much better grip on my finances. I track all sorts of things and know down to the penny where I’m spending, on what and when. Perfect!

But there’s a few problems, one minor that’s been there all along and now two new ones. If these could be fixed/amended/implemented I would be eternally grateful.

1. Virtual Card from a Pot

This doesn’t appear on the sheet at all. It’s like it didn’t happen. I have a Bills Bills Bills Pot that is now over-reading by £2.49 because my Apple subscription came out on my virtual card from this pot. I’ve manually corrected this for now, but if I wanted to manually add transactions I’d be using pen, paper and an abacus.

I want to be able to track what I spend and if they don’t appear on the sheet, I have absolutely no idea. This is something I’ve wanted for a while and now it doesn’t play nicely with another Plus feature so I’ve had to go back to my IFTTT bodge.

1. Flex

Love this idea. I want to make a sheet that shows my current Flex plans, payments so far, payments to come, how much I owe in total, how much I’ve paid, any interest etc etc etc. But I’m struggling to get it from the sheet because of how the transactions are done.

This from @RichardL shows it…

Line 2 and 3, having Flex for the payment type is perfect, could they also copy the merchant name? Or have some sort of identifier as to what Flex plan you’re paying with these payments? I could probably create a workaround for the first one like this. But when the next line is just “Flex - Shopping - £123” it’s going to be difficult to tie that back, especially if you end up with more payments of the same amount.

1. Monzo Plus/Interest

paid

Why don’t these have a name? Monzo Plus/Monzo Plus Interest?

I have to remember to manually rename these every month as otherwise they don’t appear and it breaks the flow, but everything else has a name?

I think that’s it for now :smiley:

7 Likes

I don’t really use the exports feature but have voted because the Plus/Premium features should all work together

3 Likes

Same as Addzy.

Whilst I am not at all as organised as you are, I am 100% with you on all of the above.

Features should be complete :slight_smile:

1 Like

Needless to say, you get my vote on this one @Revels

I haven’t really worked out the best way to fix this yet, but mine is now £1.45 out too after falling for the trap of using a virtual card to pay.

I really hope someone from the team is looking at the impact these new features are having on the Sheets export.

There was this comment the other day, so I’m hopeful.

If we’re paying for Plus/Premium features, they should absolutely play nice with any new Plus/Premium features that launch at a later date.

1 Like

Come on Monzo!

Either warn your customers before creating a Virtual card or Google sheet export, that ‘Virtual Card Transactions are excluded from Google Sheet exports’
or fix the issue.

I consider plus now to be a faulty product as my Google Sheets data is completely incorrect and ive been making bad budget decisions off the back of that data.

Its a shame as im now having to stop using virtual cards so I can get accurate data back in my spreadsheets, I really liked virtual cards, they made sense.

2 Likes

Here is a clear case of Monzo being too distant from the community as nothing seems to be being done to give paying users the full features that they are promised!

It’s ridiculous that there isn’t even a warning to users that virtual cards paying from pots won’t show up on the auto-export. If an export is possible for the main account, I can’t understand why we can’t just have different tabs for the different pots to show those transactions too.

3 Likes

Sept 21 I started this and now Sept 22, nothing has improved, and the export really is neglected.

The more I use the new Monzo features, the more my sheet and financial tracking falls apart.

:frowning_face:

1 Like

I have an iPhone pot that I pay my monthly payment from. I’m doing it slightly differently now and I will be paying Apple Care separately. I can’t have the Apple Care come from the same pot as it will break the sheet.

A new feature that Monzo promote and it doesn’t work with another feature that Monzo promote.

1/10.

1 Like

It’s this exact problem that lead me to cancel Premium/Plus altogether.

It’s the one feature I used most heavily but it’s never accurate.

I suspect part of that is they want to promote Trends above and beyond the use of GSheets. I’ve made so many posts about the problem with it, but yeh. Not super.

2 Likes

Posted over there, but I’d like to add pot interest to the list of missing/broken features.

I just want to give this a bump and a bit of a whinge :frowning: to back @Lewis_P up.

I’m currently avoiding using a savings pot, which will cost me (and Monzo) money, all because I know that when I earn 74p in interest my sheet will forever be out. The sheet currently over-reads because of No1 on my list, if I keep having to recalculate it myself it starts to defeat the point of it.

I’m going to elevate this one to my biggest sheet annoyance :frowning:

4 Likes

+1 Want auto-transactions on Google to have pots.

How do you mean? Normal pots are there.

Bump

1 Like

I keep checking here to see if there’s any movement on this, these export omissions are making automating my Google Sheets extremely frustrating.

And to see that all these items are exported to Emma/MoneyHub and the likes via open banking link, so not sure what the issue is here with Google sheets

Dunno if it helps, but I’ve also left a feedback about this from inside the Monzo app.

They know, there just isn’t the demand to fix it.

Also frustrated. It’s a paid for feature with Monzo plus to have auto exporting Google sheets, but the feature is just not fit for purpose because of the lack of interest payments showing up.

4 Likes

Just gonna tag @giorgio to see if this is in scope of his core app shenanigans.

Another bump to this thread.
I have interest bearing pots with negative balances (according to the google sheet export) because the interest payments are not included in the export. Pleeeeeease fix this. Its a paid feature that’s utterly broken.

4 Likes

I haven’t even bothered to use the new pots because I know it just breaks.

Instead I keep it with Zopa when I would rather have the lower rate and have it all together with Monzo.