Introducing Monzo Flex – a better way to pay later 🚀

No more planned for today - sorry.

3 Likes

Sounds like a great idea… I tend to use my credit card like that… 2-3 month split of a large payment.

Of course using Monzo’s wierd credit rules I’ll probably end up with a 50p limit…

2 Likes

:sob:

2 Likes

First transaction Flexed. Process was all pretty smooth :blush:. I can’t imagine this is something I’ll be using much - I’ve never been the sort of person to throw an ASOS transaction etc. on finance, but for the odd electrical treat yo’ self item, this is great.

I also quite like the fact that it’s only 3 months interest-free. The larger repayments mean that you really have to think ‘do I need this thing’ before you splash out.

Yes:

8 Likes

Ooh I like that!

Funny story - we saw you comment this yesterday and Sheets export didn’t work that well so one of our engineers fixed this yesterday :slight_smile:

51 Likes

Love you guys! Music to my nerdy ears!

12 Likes

Typical. I applied for a Tymit card a couple of weeks back for just this usage case. Ah well. I can close it again easily enough once my invite comes through.

3 Likes

Peg the patriarchy

2 Likes

My disappointment knocked over till next week!

2 Likes

Aside from @Rat_au_van being knocked back - boo, boo I say - this has been a gloriously busy and positive thread

A good week for :mondo: and all involved

Have a great weekend everyone

10 Likes

Looking forward to hopefully getting access next week, ended up just doing the purchase on Paypal BNPL scheme but next one is on Flex

Do the inbound payments have to be BACS Direct Credit payments? Is there any weighting given to the type of inbound payment? (and if so you need to kick the Monzo Business team!)

Depends on the verification method… In general they don’t need to be BACS.

1 Like

I don’t mean to be tedious - but, go on :slight_smile:. I guess (hope!) that a incoming payments from a Monzo Business account would pass this bar?

Got accepted for it and about to make my first purchase.

3 Likes

Let us know how it goes. I’ve got it too but not bought anything yet.

I’ll probably put it to use for the Pixel 6, not sure if I’m going for the Pro just yet though.

:eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve just bought myself something just to try out Flex.

Really great experience - far smoother than doing the same in Tymit.

The only thing I’d like is in the instalment adjustment screen an option to pay it all now.

But really fantastic work - can’t wait for the virtual card to follow

Also good to be released ahead of the new iPhone……

8 Likes