Golden tickets

This has also happened to me. Just contact help via the app and they’ll send you another golden ticket.

1 Like

No, you should have received a replacement. If you contact the support team via the in-app chat, they’ll give you a new one.

1 Like

My replacement tickets now appear at the bottom of the Contacts tab.

3 Likes

I think this is a great idea, I have sent it to two friends who have both used them to skip the queue and I have been ‘rewarded’ for this by having my tickets replaced so I can send out more invitations.

From another angle, what benefit does this have for me? I can pay my friends easily and we all have cute matching cards?

3 Likes

Hi @anon82392245 could you send me one golden ticket? I need it to get a job, please…

There’s a statement that needs some context.

3 Likes

@anon4562461 I will arrive to London in a few days, and I need the card of Monzoo as a proof of adress, because if I haven’t got the proof of adress it’s impossible to find a job…

as Monzo doesn’t provide statements yet, they can’t be used as proof of address

1 Like

@walderston but if a card arrives to my home, I have a document with my name and my address, I could try it…

how will :monzo: confirm your address? You can just use that proof with your employer :wink:

presumably you will be trying to ship your Monzo card to a friends address as you haven’t “arrived in London” yet which kind of defeats the object of an id check linking you to an address in London if you aren’t even there yet and its not your address ? :slight_smile:

what? sorry, I didn’t understand you @iansilversides

1 Like

do you live in the Uk , do you have a permanent address in your name on the electoral role in the UK ?

no, but it’s my only option @anon95680666

well Im afraid I don’t think you would be eligible for a Monzo Card without these as your identity cannot be verified by Monzo which is a legal requirement for Monzo

I’ve flagged your post for a member of staff to assist you. They’ll be able to give you definitive answers.

Although I do think @anon95680666 is correct.

3 Likes

Swaaag! Unique title of ‘Golden Ticket Distributor’? :smiley: On a serious side - nope, no benefits, just sharing Monzo love. :slight_smile: In the future, there might be some sort of visualisation or something, to show how big role you played in Monzo’ing the whole world - that’s probably very low on priority list for foreseeable future. :wink:

2 Likes

In order to stimulate demand, introduce scarcity.

Hold applications to generate a queue.

By introducing a scheme that gives some priority over others in the queue you get people talking about your product or service and generate more interest.

Clever marketing. Whilst I understand a gradual rollout of the current account, the prepaid card is fairly mature and stable and I don’t really see the reason, other than marketing reasons, to prevent immediate applications from all.

there are still 30k+ people in the queue. with a limited number of man hours, it takes time to process the applications (believe they say it will take about 2 weeks to get to the front of the queue) meaning they are posting approx 2k cards a day.

Once the CA is fully released, I assume the cards will be sent directly from the manufacturer rather than Monzo stuffing envelopes

1 Like

If it’s the case that this is logistics, and not just marketing, then it’s fantastic news for Monzo that the interest is still there for the prepaid card. I think it’s an excellent idea and promote it to many of my friends and colleagues.