Going full monzo for wages and universal Credit

I get my pay into my Monzo account. I’m self-employed now so its a transfer from my business account (with Natwest) but it’s fine, money comes instantly, before I’ve closed the Natwest app. I previously worked for a large multi-national company and they had no problem getting my salary paid to me. Best thing was waking up to see the notification the instant my salary came in. A few times I’d be awake at 2am and see it pop up which was a great feeling. Every bank I used in the past deposited money at random times, and there were times when I’d be constantly refreshing from midnight until 5am to see when money showed up.

I can’t think of any disadvantages to be honest! The only thing which is a pain is not being able to deposit cash, but I kept my old RBS account open just for this, which isn’t a problem for me.

2 Likes

I am mainly going to be using it to get paid by universal credit…so wanted to hear if any one gets paid their universal credit into monzo

I have had past 8 payment paid into llyods and been no problem in the past

I’ve seen people getting other benefits paid in so it’s fine

2 Likes

I have read few review on trust pilot where people’s account are blocked and are not given access to their funds etc…so a bit worried in that sence

Accounts are blocked if they trigger anti money laundering or fraud checks. It is the same procedure for all banks. Wages and benefits are legal and traceable so there is no reason why this would happen

4 Likes

My notification is on in the app…but does not make the noise for some reason.i just tried transferring money in and out…does not make the noise

I was with Lloyds and have never looked back.

Wages come in just after midnight for me and on the odd occasion I have still been awake, the sound of the app when funds are deposited makes for a lovely surprise. KERCHING

1 Like

What phone are you using? Have you checked your settings and that the volume is up/not on silent mode?

1 Like

I’ve never heard this mystical notification sound, on Android.

I’ve even tried turning my volume up to full. Notifications and sounds on. Never had it.

I got it sorted just now…had to go to battery setting and select monzo to not optimised…now I can hear the sound

2 Likes

Just after midnight…cool…some one else was saying here that they get theirs at 1am with monzo

Wait? Did we just discover a bug?

Every other app of mine is optimised and still manages to make notification sounds.

1 Like

Ah, OK.

I would argue that that’s a bit of a cop out though, as it’s all the time and not just when my battery is low.
Also, every other app manages to have it’s notifications work, even when my battery is low.

Unless it’s due to the priority setting. I might try setting it to urgent (but still optimised) and see what happens.

1 Like

That’s what I just did…now I tried moving money in and out and makes the noise

1 Like

The Trust Pilot reviews are by a small number of users who have been kicked off of Monzo for whatever reason (doing dodgy stuff with accounts, which would get you kicked off any banking platform) and are very vocal about it. If you visit the forums often enough, you’ll see them start threads repeatedly. Monzo staff obviously can’t talk about why accounts are closed but people like to cause trouble. The very vast majority of people don’t have any problems.

3 Likes

The reset date for all the budgeting is set to the 1st as default. Unable to change it to a different date. Do I have to get my first pay in this account to change it to 28th…the day I get paid…

Any payment over £200 can be used as income to set the start of your month :+1:

Until then it defaults to a calendar monthly schedule

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.