Getting A Tattoo

Who wouldn’t want a little hot chip tattoo :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve been looking for a little filler piece, maybe Hot Chip could be it!

1 Like

In a year I will need a filler at the back of ankle. Might be a good plan. But may be awkward if I leave Monzo at any point.

Well you can quit but you can never really leave right?

1 Like

How visible should the health warnings be in the tattoo parlours?
I must say I’ve not seen much wall space given over to the precautions etc.

1 Like

To get a tattoo licence they have to do a certain test or health and safety thing. I think the only issue is what I call is the “dodgy” studios.
Also, you have to take care of your tattoo. Sooo many people blame the artist when it’s them…

1 Like

5 Tattoos so far, going for my sixth next week.
Think that will be all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay, you beat me at six :joy:

1 Like

I have 16 at this point all on my arm. I got most done in China as they cost about £100 for all of them

2 Likes

£100 for all of them? Wow
I spend a lot over £100 per tattoo…

The big compass was done in UK and cost 250 but the rest were done in China and cost about 1200rmb so closer to 140, but still very cheap yes compared to the UK

Wow, solid work! Were you at zero back in May?

Thats correct. I now have 6

heres my latest ( light looks a bit funny because the sun was shining on it, best i could do )

2 Likes

When you bring it to the tattoo place, ideally printed, they can scan it onto a transfer sheet.

So then they transfer the design onto your skin, and then go over it.

doing it free hand is a lot harder.

@RachelR
Hey hope all is OK, not heard from you in a while.

Where’s the best place to find some artistic tattoo ideas, preferably for the outside of my forearm?
I’m going to pop into the local parlour on Monday and see what they have in their portfolio.
Obviously i’m going to wait for my most recent one to heal ( the adidas one )

Is it correct that I can find any image online, give it to my artist, he can then transfer it onto a stencil and then do it ? Or does it have to be something he agrees to do ?

Hi :wave:
Sorry had some mental health stuff going on.

When thinking of tattoo design for your next one I think about two things I want. Tattoo copying is wrong and most artists won’t do it. It’s soo much better to say two ideas and let your artist have fun anyways. Example, I am getting a frog and a GameCube controller and letting him draw up something cool for me.

A lot of artists have some drawn up designs that they would love to do, have a check at those if you don’t exactly know what you want. Instagram is a great place to look for inspiration if you want some ideas. With any image online your artist may take inspiration for it but they won’t normally transfer it to a stencil directly without changing things.

4 Likes

:scream:
6 now! Wow I am lacking now… * books next tattoo *

Cool thank you !

I’ve got an idea for my next one, want it to be flames/fire orientated.
I’ll get some ideas and see what we can get, give myself a month or so to think about it.

1 Like

Super cool idea! I am super jealous of you getting loads :heart_eyes:
My tattoo list keeps getting longer tbqh. I soo want a cute dinosaur or a duck to join my leg gang of animals…

1 Like

Cool man let us know how they go.

For me the fire tattoo would represent lightness and warmth , but also pain from everything I went through with Schizophrenia and being sectioned for so long

2 Likes