Funds missing after top up

This will more than likely be an unrelated, unlinked system showing pre-authorised transactions that customer support can access and check. Possibly supplied by Wirecard?

2 Likes

I’m a bit confused here. Are we saying that TfL transactions subtract from your balance before you get a feed item?

Hi Mihai,

Just a quick note to let you know i’m going to respond to you properly via your in-app chat. I would just like to make it clear on here however that we welcome all your feedback. If any part of the functionality of our app is confusing for customers - regardless of whether it stems from our systems or those of a third party it is for us to look into this and look for solutions.

At the end of the day there is a low level of trust in financial services (particularly banks) so while i’m pleased to see many people in our community saying positive things - I can completely understand your initial reaction and concerns. I just hope we can put things right for you and restore your trust!

14 Likes

Looking forward to a solution to this as irrelevant of how bad a 3rd party is, I feel the live feed should always add up. I still don’t understand the TFL-only(?) processing explanations but it should still show in the feed?

1 Like

Stuart is now dealing with this directly with the customer, and so I’ll be closing this thread - but just to add in another 2 cents - when I looked at the specific transaction in question when writing my reply last night, I checked the back-end data and it appeared we had some of the data such as the amount and vendor, but not all of it. (there’s over a dozen bits of information, mostly various numbers that relate to different things). I also wasn’t able to force resync the information to the feed, which we’re usually able to do.

This suggests that TfL can sometimes send the information in stages, and that in this case the information that we use to reflect the balance arrived before the information that displayed the feed items. I’ve personally never encountered this before, and engineering are definitely aware of all the strange variables that can happen with TfL, but not necessarily every single bug that could potentially happen due to the way TfL process. It’s something that we’ll be able to do a lot more work on once the current accounts launch.

As a Beta product, we need our community support to help diagnose these sorts of things and fix them, and the vast majority of community members have been more than reasonable in helping us with this. You guys are truly fantastic and we’re lucky to have such a fantastic community who believe in what we are trying to achieve.

I think the take-away from this is perhaps that we could make it more clear that we are in Beta and what that means, and that if you find a bug then it’d be great if we can all work together to fix it. I mean - we expect there to be bugs and we’re looking for them too! :slight_smile:

16 Likes