Finally, say goodbye

I just received an email from Monzo with the above subtext heading. I thought they were closing my account for a second, but it was just encouraging me to close my other bank accounts.

Although, weirdly, the word CASS doesn’t appear in the email at all.

7 Likes

I hope I get that email. I’ll reply with the 4 or 5 things they’ll need to do for me to consider it.

3 Likes

Yet they won’t receive that email @o99 because their email will likely originate from a no-reply address.

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I think they can just use hello@monzo.com, really

1 Like

That is the address it came from.

1 Like

Do you think the email is as a result of analysis of you using the feature to show other bank accounts in-app?

Or that you didn’t use the CASS to Monzo.

That was once a badge that was shown in the app and explains why I don’t have this email.

It’s certainly possible. I had Plus for a short while at launch and used the open banking integration. Whether it would be legally allowed for Monzo to use that information in this way, I have no idea.

I did use CASS to Monzo once late last year to close an account I no longer needed, though that account only had one payment in per month by standing order from another of my accounts, and two payments out.

2 Likes

Maybe they just read all your forum posts and decided ‘this is a guy we can get to switch’

3 Likes

More likely even more scattergun, aka “A/B testing”, because Monzo just can’t commit to one approach on anything :joy:

2 Likes

It’s interesting it comes at the same time as Starlings #breakupwithyourbank campaign.

Wonder who’s campaign came out 1st :joy:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.