Easy to open a pot for wrong account - UX problem

Both me and my partner have two monzo accounts - a joint account and our own separate accounts. Both of us have accidentally set up a pot for our joint account, but meant to set up a pot for our separate solo accounts.

For anyone wondering here is a screenshot of how you create a pot for each account.

What would you’re ideal solution to this @chrissydonaldson?

I’d like to see Joint accounts made into a separate account type like Business where you switch that way, completely segregating them

1 Like

“Create a Personal Pot”

“Create a Joint Pot”

3 Likes

Its almost too obvious… surprised its not been thought of before lol

I could live with both of those, great suggestions!

There could also be a ‘create a pot’ button somewhere amongst the joint account or personal account menus that automatically creates the appropriate one depending on which account you’re looking at.

It is a bit odd that both the OP and their partner scroll past the personal account pot button and hit the joint account one each time :sweat_smile: I’d understand more if it was the otherway round :wink:

Could have turned on Joint Account First in Labs maybe?

Ohhh, that would explain it.

Never thought that it would switch the order of the menu items too :exploding_head:

Oh i don’t know if it does do that or not! Just speculating.

I don’t have a joint account so I can’t test it, we haven’t opened one because of the fact its on the same home screen, it would bother me, i already get annoyed with the extra buttons at the bottom that don’t affect me, if they switched to the account switcher like for business then we’d open one in a heartbeat.

I have a joint account and it is fairly well separated. I assume by home screen you mean that if you scroll through all of your pots it then appears? I do get what you’re saying though as I also have a business account.

T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶s̶i̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶t̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶p̶a̶r̶a̶t̶e̶,̶ ̶i̶.̶e̶.̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶.̶

I guess I’m used to it now so I see no issue but I’d still be open to giving it a go.

1 Like

You need a personal account for a business account

I’m used to it but still accidentally always make a pot on my personal first and then delete and recreate on my joint every bloody time :joy: The simple text change suggested above would solve it for me

1 Like

Oh yeah of course you do, what am I talking about :see_no_evil: my apologies I’ll edit that out.

I got confused with the fact that you can’t tap a button to move money between the two accounts like you can with personal and joint.

1 Like

Thanks @ordog.

I see it the joint account options above my solo account options on IOS app - I obviously don’t read the headings!

I do have ‘show joint account first’ turned on in Labs.

I would prefer to see ‘create a pot’ and ‘earn interest on your money’ etc options simply listed once and then when you click ‘create a pot’ it asks you explicitly what account you’d like to create a pot for. Less scrolling too! I could see it getting a little unwieldy if you have a personal, joint and business account on this screen.