Duplicate direct debits

They would have been added a new direct debit because the AUDDIS file that Monzo received from BACS told them a new direct debit was to be set up and the details in the file matched the details held by Monzo.

1 Like

I told you this right at the beginning of the topic to save you all this hassle. Why ask on here if you’re not going to listen and contact support regardless. :man_facepalming:

Not even a thank you either :confused: :cry:

1 Like

Spooky! I’ve just had a notification on my Apple Watch that a Direct Debit has been set up for something that I already know I’ve been told about.

It’s for Solarplicity (gas & electric) and checking on my Monzo app shows it also being set up 31 August.

Maybe the first one is when it was actually set up and the second one when they know how much they’re going to take?

Did you set this up via CASS?

@glasgow Sorry, no. So mine’s not the same as the OP.

I had to look up AUDDIS because I didn’t have a clue what it meant :see_no_evil:.

I don’t know the ins and outs of these processes, and I am still none the wiser as to why the issue we are discussing comes about :pensive:

Sorry if it’s obvious to everyone else and I’m being dumb!! :blush:

Not being dumb at all, backend of bacs is pretty old and full of acronyms!

The main thing to remember is that this happens across all banks, it’s just far more noticeable on Monzo.

Don’t delete old/duplicates direct debits until payments are taken so you don’t accidentally delete the active one and cause yourself late payment fees. You’re always covered by the guarantee should you have multiple payments get taken.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.