Duplicate/Similar Direct Debits

Because I changed my direct debit with OVO Energy, it seems to have made a second direct debit. It would be nice to see when this direct debit was created so I can delete the orphaned direct debit to make my list cleaner.

2 Likes

Great idea. But for now, in your case, the one without the payment amount next to it is the new one.

I would love to be able to give them meaningful names

3 Likes

I’ve also gained a number of duplicate direct debits. For me it was during the current account switch process. Everything seemed to switch over ok (via partial current account switch), then a few days after the switch some duplicates started to appear. This was only a few days ago and payments haven’t been taken yet so I’m not sure which ones are ‘active’ (or if I’m going to be charged twice! )

1 Like

I think you’ll be fine.
When you perform a partial switch, Monzo informs the merchants about it. Some might cancel the direct debit on their end, while remaining visible on your account.

@alejandro.mery - welcome to the Monzo Community (we’ve met on the Starling Community, although I’m MrRobot there).

3 Likes

thank you @MRMR :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should be ok - next month you’ll find the one which is active will have the latest date and the other can be removed.

I think this could also be the case with all other major banks, unless the DD was cancelled beforehand? But could be wrong.

Ash

3 Likes