Do you Dual Drive / Wield? If so, how?

Many of you will know that I have an Android phone (it’s not a religion, please don’t @ me).

This year it’s upgrade year, but I’m thinking of doing something a bit different and getting an iPhone (still not a religion, don’t @ me), but keeping my Samsung and running with both of them.

I was wondering if there’s anyone who’s done that (I think @simonb might be one?) with experience or anyone who’s got some tips on how to make it all work?

Ideally, I’d like one phone number across both devices, but I’m pretty sure that that can’t happen. But any expert tips on a dual phone / number set-up, including mirroring stuff like text messages, Whatsapp etc. Or would I just have to live with a primary device (that all my contacts know) and a secondary one?

(Having typed that all out, I’m not so sure dual-driving is a good idea, but I’m gonna hit the big ol’ Create Topic button anyway…)

3 Likes

I don’t, but I edited the spelling error from your title for you :wink:

Welcome to iPhone (almost).

3 Likes

Oh my goodness. What did I say?

Edit: edit history reveals excess vowels “Do yoiu Dual Drive?”

3 Likes

@Peter_G

3 Likes

Reported :joy:

(I was wondering who’d be the first :joy:)

3 Likes

I have dual driven, once, A google Pixel 4a 5g and my iPhone 13 pro max, specifically to test the Barclays contactless ATM (only available on android phones, cause reasons)

I like Android for specific things and iOS for other things

1 Like

I cannot stand Android. I could have a work phone but it would be Android so I just use my iPhone instead.

8 Likes

Think I’ll miss Android notifications forever :cry:

Android notifications are just much better, yeah

1 Like

I would but the cost of buying a second phone puts me off. I previously used android for years and then switched to Apple and have been there since. I normally change phones about once a year, so maybe when I change I’ll get an android phone for a change.

1 Like

Midrange android phones are good these days, you don’t need a flagship one. If my Pixel 4a 5G was 120hz, i’d use it more, but i’m so used to 120hz, 60hz on the Pixel feels really laggy

A mid range android phone is still £300 to £600. I generally in the past have gone for flagship models. I’ll have to see if I can get something from eBay.

1 Like

My daily driver is an iPhone 14 Pro Max.

My work phone is a Samsung A12 (not even 5G).
I honestly think they’re not worth the £150 they cost! It’s painfully slow even just for Outlook.

4 Likes

Lloyds used to use the Samsung A40 - I’m sure those are better than the A12, we got complaints of slow running.

1 Like

I’m honestly tempted when they offer to replace my work phone to buy an iPhone 11 from Music Magpie and put my sim in that instead. At least it’ll work properly!

1 Like

I’m the other way - turned down a work iphone because couldn’t deal with it and just dual-sim and work profile instead.

I think that work phones generally tend to be a bit pants: they tend to put cost over performance then manage whatever performance is left out of them. I have a work iPhone and it’s pretty poor.

2 Likes

The thing that really gets me with ours is that we’re able to use the camera to take photos but don’t have access to the gallery app to view them. On Samsung you can’t open a photo without it, not even in OneDrive I don’t think!

3 Likes

Oh my.

Imagine you’d “made a mistake” and needed an emergency delete. :scream:

2 Likes

IT needs to check those MDM policies, that’s insane

2 Likes