Do you consider Monzo to be your main account?

No, Nationwide is my main account. Monzo support is not very good these days so I be keeping it my main account.

2 Likes

No. Because I still require a cheque book for my work, I revive cheques every couple of months so need to be able to cash them easily (cheque imaging) and I often get cash that I like to pay into my account without paying for the privilege. My employer don’t pay my wages into monzo either.
I’d like to go full monzo but it’s not feasible for me at the moment.
I’d like to make m

1 Like

Have the Russians shot you? :joy:

Edit: Obviously not funny at all if they have.

Edit 2: Glad to hear they didn’t.

Monzo is my main account (salary gets paid in) but my daily spending is done currently with my Amex.
Also I have Starling as back up with a couple of hundred quid, and an empty Natwest open just for the credit history.

Yes, Monzo is my main account. I use Tandem for spending and NatWest Rewards for bills.

I suppose I fleece Starling for travel too.

Yes, I use Monzo as my main account, I have disposed use of High Street banks by going Full Monzo

Haha no they did not :joy::joy:.

Bit of a typo there that’s what a few beers after a game of cricket does to you.

1 Like

Monzo (joint account) is my/MrsW’s main account for daily bills/spending (salaries paid in too) but we still have many peripheral accounts where the plan is to run them down to closure as fast as poss. Years of opening ‘attractive’ accounts, switching to ‘more attractive’ accounts, mortgages, savings, investments & pensions make personal finance quite a task to manage (and I like things to be simple!) #accountbaggage

We’ve found Monzo to be a massive breath of fresh air in the generally-stagnant personal banking services arena. Go for it - highly, highly recommended.

2 Likes

I have current accounts with 5 banks (including Monzo). Putting aside Monzo, the accounts with the other banks are because they each offer some kind of financial incentive to have a current account with them (high interest current account, high interest regular saver, or cashback on household bills). The only transactions I have on these other accounts are the minimum to take advantage of the incentives (usually means only a couple of transactions a month).

Monzo doesn’t directly receive my salary (its just easier to get the incentives from other banks that way) but the majority of my salary gets sent to Monzo via bank transfer, I use it for my day-to-day spending, direct debits and standing orders that I wouldn’t get cashback on elsewhere, sending and receiving ad-hoc bank transfers, and paying my credit card bills. So I consider Monzo my main current account even though it does not directly receive my salary.

If I didn’t have financial incentives from other banks, I would have just two current accounts: Monzo + 1 current account from a high street bank simply for paying in cheques and cash.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.