Direct Debit Showing 2 Working Days Before

I’m not sure if I’m just being slow but Monzo now appears to show Direct Debits 2 working days before they are taken.

I have 2 DDs due to be taken on Tuesday and they appear at the top of the app now. It’s not a Bank Holiday on Monday and it’s not showing as a non processing day on the BACS calendar either.

I thought it was interesting… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve just noticed that today aswell, I have a Bacs payment arriving in my account but didn’t realise it’s for Tuesday and tried to claim it early.

1 Like

Get paid really early :soon: :thinking:

2 Likes

Interesting!

Is that image showing the upcoming payment notification as of today?

Took the screenshot about 5mins before posting. Not sure when it first appeared

So what, you can claim bacs payment 2 days ealier rather than 1 day early

It’s so weird, I am meant to get paid on Tuesday and I can see my salary coming in today and I can claim it? How is that possible that early? :thinking:

So you can claim the salary on day 1 of the bacs cycle rather than day 2… That’s weird. Will wait and see what happens next week with my wages

This must be a very recent change. I got paid on Friday, I took it at 4pm on Thursday but it wasn’t there on weds like you guys are seeing.

Same here. The next expected incoming is Friday, so lets’s see if I can claim it on Wednesday.

Yeah, this seems very recent indeed. I’m hoping it’s not just a bug :joy:

Showed up as normal last Tuesday so will see what happens this week

If this is a bug please don’t fix it yet :grin:

Maybe this thread should be deleted, so it its a bug, monzo don’t hear about it😂

I mean, I’m sure one of them will notice pretty soon anyway :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Might be a plus feature and someone accidentally released it to all

:joy::joy::joy:

We noticed :wink:

Can people update if they receive the pay at 4pm today which would be 2 days earlier. Would be interesting to find out

1 Like

Nobody will be able to receive their payment at 4pm today. Sorry! :see_no_evil:

Our engineers are aware of the issue and are working on a fix which will mean the transaction widget will soon disappear and will reappear on Monday as expected :+1:

As for Direct Debit notifications popping up earlier than expected, they’ll still be taken on the day you’d expect :100: but the team will be reviewing that behaviour too (next week) :slight_smile:

2 Likes