Direct Debit Showing 2 Working Days Before

Just noticed this too! More noticeable when you have them coming out Monday and Tuesday!

1 Like

I rather like the early notification of the direct debit. Especially as it’s better notice. Helps to ensure I’ve got enough funds in the account and the right amount has been requested by the company. Something that would make me move more direct debits over to Monzo.

3 Likes

Direct Debits will still appear the working day before they’re due :grin: (day 2 of the Bacs cycle).

However, I’m not sure whether they’ll continue to show up any earlier than this :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Because they haven’t fixed the issue or because it’s a deliberate permanent change?

I’m not an engineer and don’t know every detail of exactly what happened :wrench::see_no_evil:

I think I change in the way Bacs files are processed meant that everything happened a little earlier than expected and the paid early button & super early DD notifications was a ‘side effect’ of this change.

4 Likes

I quite like seeing the upcoming DD in the feed super early. Almost like a calendar of future activity.

3 Likes

So will the pay early the day B4 at 4pm still work as normal

Keep the super early DD notifications, information like this is always useful

7 Likes

I’d love the same for card payments - it’s always a memory game to try and remember when all my regular card payments go out!

1 Like

Even one day for card payments isn’t possible since the bank don’t ‘know’ when they’re going to be requested until they’re requested. At that point, they get paid.

An estimated value based on the scheduled transactions based on prior history should be possible. Transactions that have a currency exchange are already an estimated value, which can change when the transaction is settled.

True, maybe.

To be a bit pedantic, if I may, foreign currency transactions aren’t estimated. You are shown the actual value at the time of authorisation, but the exchange rate may fluctuate before the transaction settles.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.