✅ Depositing Cash at the Post Office

+1 for post office deposits. I would like to support my local p/o. Also there are no paypoints near me.

Only certain fields within the Mastercard application or that have been purposefully exposed (such as card PIN changes).

I’m extremely limited in what I can say but if we were to do this, there are some workarounds that can be used for existing cards while new cards would be required for full functionality. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Why? :frowning:

2 Likes

I would imagine a mix of security and some NDA or other contractual agreement

Maybe @Rika cannot comment on that supposition either :wink:

4 Likes

But… why?

1 Like

Why?

Because I have an ingrained urge to find out as much as possible. I’ll cross a road to read a sign on a door, for example.

I find NDA’s or other information-restricting things annoying.

2 Likes

Sorry it was a poor joke on my behalf :grimacing: Seemed like a lot of ‘whys’ were being asked so I wanted to join in :cry:

1 Like

Heh, sorry, I thought you were genuinely asking.

1 Like

Speaking as someone who is under NDA for something right now (not Monzo related) I totally get this, the problem is that you only get to find out the good information once you’ve signed the NDA! :joy:

8 Likes

I realise that it’s highly unlikely you’ll be able to confirm or deny, but my immediate thought is that it’s going to be something Prince-related, isn’t it? :grin:

3 Likes

I can neither confirm or deny but what I can tell you is that I was fortunate enough to meet with his Estate, family, and representatives from Sony Music during my recent trip to Minneapolis :grin:

6 Likes

Exactly, Starling is another digital bank, like Monzo, yet they have free post office deposits (just like any other bank)

1 Like

Starling chose to follow the industry and swallow the fee for better customer satisfaction. Monzo don’t want to. They can do that if they like its perfectly fine. I don’t expect Monzo to change the industry to follow them.

3 Likes

The idea of using PayPoint to deposit cash into Monzo account I feel isn’t fit for purpose right now.

Firstly a lot of the small retailers who run PayPoint services are ‘selective’ in who they wish to take cash and deposit money on Monzo. I’ve had instances where retailers have told me their system is down (when it’s not) or that their store has reached its limit of accepting cash on system to deposit into Monzo.

I also don’t understand why there’s a 180 day limit of £1,000 cash deposit?! If Monzo were to join up with Post Office service whereby customers can deposit cash (real time) to Monzo account by use of Monzo debit card…and customers are able to withdraw cash as well if needed.

There would be no need for any limits for cash deposits / withdrawals made via Post office!

2 Likes

This has already been discussed and you can vote for it here:

FYI: I can see you’ve created a few other topics recently that already have been established for some time. Ideas are great but prior to creating a topic it is recommended that you have a quick search to see if it already exists :slight_smile: This way everything is neat and tidy and it shows Monzo how much demand there is for something when it is all in one place rather than scattered across the forums.

3 Likes

Because they have some crazy fees as well, the last I read was a £60.00 charge for a replacement card if lost when abroad. For everyday fees however they seem much more manageable. Paying in is free. An overdraft with APR and free free withdrawals abroad.

53NT, I couldn’t agree with you anymore! I was going to say the same thing in a different forum.

• If we have a monthly Monzo.me limit of £1000, then why can’t cash deposition be the same?

• £1000 over a six-month period is too little - basically, £2000 annually. And what about people who get paid cash-in-hand?

Monzo is not the bank for them. Which is why Monzo going after the unbanked is laughable at best and a waste of time at worst.

3 Likes

To be fair to Starling - that seems to be almost the only fee that they charge - and even then its “may” charge… - though it is odd they distinguish between cards lost in the UK and overseas

1 Like