Customer Support Quality & Response Times

Morning Peter yes thanks I am,

I think its a difficult choice , Monzo are to me obviously concentrating on user growth as their strategy to success , they will always be caught out by the success of that growth when there are unforeseen reasons - edit - “Outages” to contact Customer support , if Monzo had hired another 100 Cops before the outage that affected some users , they also wouldn’t have been able to cope , should they have hired 200 ? , in hindsight for that day , yes … what do you then do as a business wanting to make money with the extra 200 cops after the incident sat twiddling their thumbs ?

I dont like the Starling UI , for me its not intuitive , but again thats just a personal opinion , others love it , which I have absolutely no problem with , as I said if it suits you , great .

The outages you list I dont think most were major problems , some lasted a few minutes I believe , non of them affected me , does that mean its not a problem for some …no , if you were affected it is a problem for you

For me the interaction with a valid question about lack of transparency on Starlings outages and CEOs response to a customer ( me) is THE reason I prefer Monzo , along with the Starling forum Sunday night decision by the CEO to stop top ups by debit card , and then her “shrewed” decision , and Im speculating here , that oh look at the stick Monzo are getting for stopping top ups , tell you what, despite my “guys and gals decision made” we can get one over on Monzo here lets keep it

5 Likes

Glad to hear it :slightly_smiling_face:

And yes, it’s a difficult choice and a difficult problem no matter which route they go down, but I suppose that’s business, lot’s of difficult decisions. For me, choosing that path, of more customers = more money, is the stem of most of Monzo’s issues because people cause problems when you have more of them.

Fair enough on the UI that is a matter of opinion - the incidents I listed were ones that, for me, would have left me unsure of the status of my money - which I’m not particularly fond of.

And yes… I’m not a huge fan of Anne from what I’ve seen of her

1 Like

I dont really want to turn this into a Starling versus Monzo thread …again… for me both banks are, and hopefully will continue to transform peoples lives in terms of visibility over their finances, which then help people to make better decisions , Im all for both their successes , obviously as a Monzo crowdfunding investor I selfishly want to make Monzo the best it can be, because I will then make money on my investment , just because Ive never been “allowed” to invest in Starlings success doesn’t mean that I want them to fail . they are both changing the banking industry , all power to them, if people like one over the other , great to have the choice :slight_smile:

1 Like

This we can agree on I think

2 Likes

"Really, they need to allow multiple threads, rather than one long continuous one, especially since the support staff don’t read previous messages at the best of times."

couldn’t agree more , during my interaction with them on the 25th of last month the number of support staff I encountered with this one double charge query got up to about 5 , each one of them had to waste their time re reading what I had already explained to the original C op … such a waste of their time in solving my issue

8 Likes

Thanks for that @Rat_au_van, an image I’m stuck with for the day now :scream:

4 Likes

Sorry in delay in replying - wasn’t on the forum over the weekend.

Monzo haven’t said that is what their benchmarks are - just me as a customer if I have a non-urgent request I’d wait 2-3 days before chasing up.

From me contacting the in-app support to resolution of a NON-URGENT request why is a few days too much for a final resolution? Complaints will take 2 weeks - then another 4 odd if you want to get a hold of FOS - If I requested something to be sent that would take a number of days (from a Legacy for instance) - or if I needed to go into branch with a Legacy I’d have to manage a few days in advance just to get to a branch and have a conversation with someone.

My recent experience, when my legacy bank stopped a payment for a parking ticket, they called me and requested me to call back, I called back and it took around 45 minutes to get through to the fraud team - at which point they hung-up on me and I’ve not heard from them since and haven’t been able to call them until the other day because of work and uni.

Whereas, if I use an in-app chat, I can quickly respond whilst at work.

I agree that the current wait times for both urgent and non-urgent isn’t up to scratch, but if it is non-urgent, then it is non-urgent and by definition it can wait. In all honesty, if its not something you need that day - its non-urgent.

1 Like

I’m still uneasy about the whole idea of “non-urgent” chats… In my opinion, it’s not something a bank should be doing but, that’s just my opinion.

If they’re doing it, I also think they should say what they mean (or at least the targets) for me non-urgent could be within the hour and for someone else it would mean within the week.

3 Likes

I do agree in a way - because there is no way of enforcing whether it is actually “urgent” or not - I could request a statement (which I won’t need for x days) or ask a question which if I actually looked I could find as “urgent” and then the whole triage system is blown.

I think one of the issues is that they are for the most part solely in-app, which, whilst it has its benefits clearly has some drawbacks.

Of course, completely subjective as to what “urgent” and “non-urgent” mean - which as you say is where even more difficulty arises.

2 Likes

There’s no PII in the message so it’s fine. If it included someone else’s name, and something like an account number, that’d be all sorts of headaches for Monzo.

1 Like

Can you give examples why?

Legacy banks have urgent and non-urgent.

• I can call a 24/hr emergency line (if I suspect fraud for example) and get a fast response.
  • Lesser urgent I can call during business hours and expect to be transferred around and be on hold a lot. Expected around 45 mins.
  • Even lesser of importance I can arrange an appointment to sit down and chat with someone in branch. Expected around 2 weeks.

Monzo have just simplified the above in my opinion by putting them into 2 categories :slight_smile:

I wish the data on this in terms of time taken to reply etc was open source. It would make the analysis a hundred times more accurate :rofl:

1 Like

This topic is getting a bit silly and repetitive now :persevere:

1 Like

Wow :sob:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.