Customer service chat delays

I’m getting pulled into a lot of directions right now so I’ll get a long, thoughtful response to you as soon as I have the time (likely later in the evening) but the short version is, yes we are aware, we are putting a lot of work in to fix it - I don’t know all the details but I can share some of what I do know and give some context around some of the restructuring that’s happening.

One thing I can share first of all is that I believe we have recently increased the training time. For a period of time we wanted to try and get new COps on the frontline as soon as possible because we were simply drowning, the idea being that they should at least be able to handle simple queries pretty quickly and then pick up extra development in their first few weeks as much as possible. Over time we’ve seen that while this did work to a degree, it also brought about the new issue some of you have identified where you’re getting escalated pretty quickly (and in some cases, the issue shouldn’t have needed escalating) and then passed from pillar to post before getting an answer, which isn’t the service level we expect to provide. To tackle that I believe the training is now 2 or 3 weeks so when new COps do get on the frontline they have a wider knowledge base to begin with.

We’ve continued to aggressively hire, particularly in Vegas where we’re now up to 100 people.

More details to come when I get time!

13 Likes